GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you have seen Serenity... [Otherwise may contain spoilers]"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 14/10/05 at 11:52
Regular
******Further warning: this post may contain spoilers*****

Does anybody have any theories on Shepherd Book? Throughout the Firefly series he always knew more about weapons and war than a shepherd really should. In one episode (was it "Safe"?) he was shot and taken aboard an Alliance Ship for medical help. The reaction of the commander of that vessel upon seeing the Shepherd's ID was quite remarkable.

In the movie, we never got the chance to find out what the reason for all this was, but does anybody else have any theories? I wondered the following:

The unnamed guy chasing them was an agent from the central Parliament. He was well trained and (had he not been a naughty boy) would probably have been well treated by the Alliance had he retired. I wondered if perhaps Shepherd Book was once an agent in the same line - it would certainly explain the knowledge he possessed and the treatment he received. Perhaps that was also the reason he became a shepherd. If he treated people the same way as the unnamed guy in the movie did, then perhaps he felt he owed society whatever help he could provide once he had retired.

He often talked of belief and if his beliefs were once as strong as the unnamed assassin, then perhaps he was once capable of the same naughty naughty. However, it doesn't look like we'll find out now without the help of a prequel.

Also ********[Major Spoiler now]******** what about Wash? Eek! I didn't see that coming. I thought it'd be the shepherd and Simon, Jayne or Mal. Still, a powerful moment I thought. The lady sat behind me in the cinema was quite upset!

Anyway, feel free to post your thoughts on this stuff!

******Further warning: the above may contain spoilers*****
Fri 14/10/05 at 14:17
Regular
Who's Cowbell?
Fri 14/10/05 at 12:07
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Needs more cowbell.
Fri 14/10/05 at 11:52
Regular
******Further warning: this post may contain spoilers*****

Does anybody have any theories on Shepherd Book? Throughout the Firefly series he always knew more about weapons and war than a shepherd really should. In one episode (was it "Safe"?) he was shot and taken aboard an Alliance Ship for medical help. The reaction of the commander of that vessel upon seeing the Shepherd's ID was quite remarkable.

In the movie, we never got the chance to find out what the reason for all this was, but does anybody else have any theories? I wondered the following:

The unnamed guy chasing them was an agent from the central Parliament. He was well trained and (had he not been a naughty boy) would probably have been well treated by the Alliance had he retired. I wondered if perhaps Shepherd Book was once an agent in the same line - it would certainly explain the knowledge he possessed and the treatment he received. Perhaps that was also the reason he became a shepherd. If he treated people the same way as the unnamed guy in the movie did, then perhaps he felt he owed society whatever help he could provide once he had retired.

He often talked of belief and if his beliefs were once as strong as the unnamed assassin, then perhaps he was once capable of the same naughty naughty. However, it doesn't look like we'll find out now without the help of a prequel.

Also ********[Major Spoiler now]******** what about Wash? Eek! I didn't see that coming. I thought it'd be the shepherd and Simon, Jayne or Mal. Still, a powerful moment I thought. The lady sat behind me in the cinema was quite upset!

Anyway, feel free to post your thoughts on this stuff!

******Further warning: the above may contain spoilers*****

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.