GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A slap in the face from the BBC..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/10/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4328514.stm[/URL]

£150 a year, for a channel that hardly puts out any quality programming. Fantastic.
Tue 11/10/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4328514.stm[/URL]

£150 a year, for a channel that hardly puts out any quality programming. Fantastic.
Tue 11/10/05 at 08:59
Regular
Oh lovely. I wish we didn't have to pay this. I'd be happy not to receive any BBC Transmissions at all. I pay my Sky subscription, which gives me channels I actually want to watch.

Can't remember the last time I watched a BBC Channel - or an ITV one for that matter. Terrestrial is balls.
Tue 11/10/05 at 09:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
ITV and Channel 4 are funded by advertising fees, but occassionally churn out something worth watching. BBC is 'My Hero', 'My Family', and 'All About Becks', ain't it? Dire, dire, dire!
Tue 11/10/05 at 13:18
"High polygon count"
"We know that licence fee payers find the licence fee a burden in their household costs," Mr Thompson said.

"But on the other hand, we also know that they are overwhelmingly in favour of the BBC spearheading these new digital services."

Hello? What are the BBC spearheading exactly?

They've got 4 TV channels full of crap, numerous unneeded radio stations, and have lost every major sport and sporting event except the occasional England match and Wimbledon - and that only runs for 2 weeks.

Scrap the license and make them advertise.
Tue 11/10/05 at 13:24
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Hey, maybe it'll go into reviving Jasper Carrott for another shot at the big time?
Tue 11/10/05 at 16:06
Regular
They were involved in developing digital broadcasting technology at a time when none of the commercial groups thought it was commercially viable to do so.

And if they had the extra money, maybe there could be good tv one day.

Also, it's nice to have news which doesn't have quite such a strong commercial drive to present things in a way that maximises viewership and profits.

However, with news and stuff available on the net, the prospect of giving up tv altogether seems increasingly attractive.
Wed 12/10/05 at 20:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
monkey_man wrote:
> Hey, maybe it'll go into reviving Jasper Carrott for another shot at
> the big time?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!
Wed 12/10/05 at 20:39
Regular
I never understood why you have to pay TV license when you have Sky. Surely you're paying for a TV license in the £44 a month or whatever it is now.
Wed 12/10/05 at 20:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wouldn't say all of the BBC sucks. Just BBC1. Their main channel, which is dire.

Great.

But yeah, lotsa money.

But 2/3/4 have good stuff.
Wed 12/10/05 at 20:45
Regular
But nowhere near worth £15 a month.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.