GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KUF: Heroes Online Virginity Lost !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/10/05 at 02:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I just had my first online battle - a 2vs2. ;-) Couldn't ask for a much better start. Made my basic troops up and decided to go for it. Got into a lobby that was showing a decent speed and I was up against a couple of Brit blokes that had had a few games together against people. I waited for a team mate to show up and an American kid comes in who hasn't played the game online before either.

So seeing as they've had a few games, the opponents obviously had better troops than me in terms of upgrading. To add to it, the kid with me didn't think to look in the troop section of the lobby and only had his main hero unit. So not only am I facing 2 superior armies, my ally only has one bloody troop on the field !

Both sides end up opting for a defensive tactic of using sappers to make traps. Then it was a game of cat and mouse, trying to lure eachother into the traps. I managed to find a little gap they'd left though and I'm pretty handy with Orc Riders. ;-)

I managed to pummel the hell outta them before they had enough traps up to force me to stop. Then it was a pretty long game of cat and mouse again - although I had the kid in my ear - "lets go attack them ! I wanna attack them ! lets just go attack them !" To make him happy (and shut him up) we did and got quite a beating from the traps and stuff. So we pulled back to our traps.

Now by this time, I think the guys had worked out that my first time squad was worn down a bit and that the kid only had one unit - so they started getting a bit more daring. Their archers outranged mine, but they seemed a bit slow at moving units when they had to deal with a number of them - so I managed to lead one of their main heroes into my traps. Me and the kid jumped him and I beat the snot out of the guy. Thats Leinhart out. Plus the other guys main Hero Regnier also took quite a beating - but he managed to pull back and escape).

By the time that battle ended though, my poor Orc Riders were no more (they got caught by traps during the huge fight) and I'd also lost my sappers. The kid got impatient again, legged it down the hill and straight into a load of spike traps. Now its down to 1 on 1.

Using a Scout while the kid was keeping him busy (amusing him by stupidly running at his traps), I seperated Morene from the rabble of meager leftover units I had sitting in my traps (she still had practically full life) and got her to travel up north, then hug the right hand side till I got roughly level to where the gits army were. All he had left by this time was a spit of life left in his main hero unit and a few sappers. He didn't think to protect his back - and with him messing around trying to bait my "full army" out of my traps with his sappers, he didn't even notice my scout sitting right near his hero.

I storm in with Morene and beat the shat outta him ! Game over ! Wait, oh, maybe not - turns out you have to kill all the players units online (in single player, the comp only has to beat your hero and you're defeated). From here it was a drawn out cat and mouse thing again. But soon he made a mistake and I jumped his sappers and reduced them to their component molecules.

Me and Morene get our first match resulting in a win, even though I had to babysit the kid with his hero Ellen. He weren't bad as far as Yank kids go though. At least he wasn't a trashtalking mong. He might be a bit more of an ally if he actually fields his army next time. ;-)

So yeah, yay me. Get practising Hedfix - I need an ally to team up with. ;-)
Sat 15/10/05 at 01:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Oh and don't get too excited over 3vs3 - looks like you're limited to like 3 units each. Which sucks.

2vs2 is the way to go. Just pray you don't get paired off with a mug. ;-)
Sat 15/10/05 at 00:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Noooooooooooo, the dream is over ! My record is tarnished ! I'm 7 and 1 now. :-( All because I assumed the stupid CPU would remember my units from earlier cause it was my room ! So I ended up in a match against 2 people with just my main unit ! B******S !!!!!

At least I got revenge - the guys stayed in the room after, I selected all my troops and beat them so bad they had to be recognised through dental records ! Poxy way to lose my unbeaten record though ! What gutted me even more was that it was actually close ! I fought everything at once and I had 3 of their units eliminated and both their heroes near death before they finally got me.

Its worth getting this game for the single player tnc - but be careful, its really hard, especially if you haven't played KUF games before. As for the lingo, Sappers = a unit of guys/orcs that set traps that go off when the enemy step on them. Orcs can also set fire to forest areas too which can be handy against enemies trying to take cover in the trees. ;-)

Anyway, with my win/loss record onscreen, I'm off to hit the bottle... *mummble* Feckin lame way to get a loss, bloody troop option screwjob *mummble*
Fri 14/10/05 at 22:34
Regular
"8==="
I've still got Magic The Gathering.

I would have played it on Live apart from the fact I got stuck unlocking things.

I'll get back to unlocking stuff on it if you're up for some games. It's priced at about 5 quid now so maybe we can get a few more people in on it too.
Fri 14/10/05 at 21:57
Regular
Yo, Redneck

I've played the demo that came with OXM a bit back and though it was actually pretty decent, it was quickly addictive and the strategy combined with some button-mashing action was good.

Is the game worth purchasing if you just want to play it offline? (I haven't got round to Live yet, hopefully I'll be getting a phone line in the Xbox room though)

I read through the post and it did make me envious, simply because the Live element sounded pretty decent. The 'art' of just playing the computer while I try and hone some complex battle plans sounds good enough for me though.

When I played it I particularly liked the archers and the heroes, simply because I thought the archers added more strategic options and the heroes added a little spice to the game. How much is it? I don't really want to pay full-whack at the moment though...

Slightly unrelated but does anyone own Magic the Gathering? (It may sound crap but it was demo I really hammered for ages - despite never figuring out the rules to the card game)

P.S I really didn't understand some of the 'KUF speak' in there, like 'sappers' ;)
Fri 14/10/05 at 21:48
Regular
"8==="
There's 3 vs 3!!??

Excellent.

*Strokes white cat*
Fri 14/10/05 at 21:46
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cool. :-) Look forward to seeing you on the game. Guess we're sorted out for 3vs3 games. ;-)
Fri 14/10/05 at 21:15
Regular
I'm buying this at the end of next week.

You have converted me.
Fri 14/10/05 at 20:24
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Apparently Kingdom Under Fire: Circle Of Doom is being made for the 360. Hopefully they should keep things pretty much the way they are rather than try and cover a different genre. :-)

Only thing that needs to be sorted for online play really is the lag. Its not game destroying like it would be on other games though. Basically you get a slight delay when changing units and your hero character becomes hard to control. But to be honest, most of the better players should hardly be using their main hero, cause its mainly about how you use all of your units.

People who just go into a troop battle and want to slam into everyone with their hero character, tend to not last very long.

I love this kind of game and I think its so much better than the likes of Halo 2. You can learn the layouts of maps all you want, but that doesn't mean you're going to be a better player. Its a game where you have to use the brain more instead of just screaming and trash talking at people.

I haven't even met any bad players like that on the game so far. Everyones been a good laugh.
Fri 14/10/05 at 19:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm, this sounds like exactly the kind of game I'd love to play online - Tactics, war and big monsters.

If they update it on to 360, count me in.
Fri 14/10/05 at 18:12
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Mwahahahaha, another game where they tried to rush me from the start and got raped to death. ;-) 5. And. 0.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.