GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England's performance through a peeved EB's eyes."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/10/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I've just read the first page of the England thread and it seems to all be bashing Crouch. While I don't think he's a top-notch out-and-out striker, he didn't play that badly. Maybe he should have done better with the header. Not with more power but with a little more placement either side of the keeper. I can understand why people are going to have a go about this, because that's what he should be good at, but he did more good then bad in the game as far as I’m concerned.

I remember him playing a cracking ball through for Owen, which, but for a good tackle should have been a goal. Then he'd have been praised for a good assist. From what I saw he caused the defence problems with his obvious natural gift, (height), and didn't play too badly the rest of the game bring their keeper into action on a few occasions. I see potential in him as a useful tool when we need something a little bit different. You’ve got to remember International football is all new to him at the moment and it may take him a little while to settle in properly.

Owen was quiet, but the service wasn't all that and the two chances he had were both dealt with well by the defence.

The biggest talking point of the game, Beckam's sending off, was without a doubt one of the most infuriating I’ve ever seen. I think looking back at it that everyone, even the ref, will think that he shouldn’t have been red-carded. This point probably won’t be dwelt on too much because it didn't cost England the points. The only time I can see this being a problem now is if his ban is carried over into the finals, which would be unbelievable.

There were some positives such as not conceding a goal with the defence looking ok, Young and Cole playing better, but that’s pretty much it.

Yes we should have had another penalty. Yes our performance ok if slightly lacklustre. Yes Sven made me chuckle after the game saying we played “well” in the first half…I didn’t see that, I saw a below average performance that was just enough to get the result. But overall this game left me annoyed and it was for my usual bug-bear.

Diving and feigning injury.

One person in particular that got Beckham sent off.

After the arm incident, you see him go down, start to look up, see his free kick has been given and then grab at his face. Once Beckham’s booked he plays on as normal. The second yellow was ridiculous. Gets away from Beckham, sees the ball going away from him, Beckham pulls out of the challenge, (I saw no contact), and he flings himself to the floor like his hamstring has been ripped from his legs by a ravenous hamster.

Are Chelsea ruining football with their bottomless pot-o-gold and relentlessness? Not for me. Not yet. Diving and feigning still holds that crown for me.

Anyway, bring on “The Match” tonight, a game that will be played for the football as a sport rather then as a business.
Sun 09/10/05 at 17:11
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I thought Crouch played well and Owen wasted a number of good opportunities. I can think of two pretty good chances which Owen (at his sharpest) best would have stuck away.
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:42
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Totally agree with you about Crouch. I thought he and Owen paired up well and when England created their few chances, he was involved or he was in the box in good positions. He had a good game in what wasn't an easy game for the strikers, particularly second half.
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Just karma catching up to Beckham for hitting the floor like he'd been smacked with a concrete block in the Mallorca game last week. Though the pictures i've seen in the papers today show he either did catch him or he was only a few millimetres away. Still shouldn't have been sent off though
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:26
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I've just read the first page of the England thread and it seems to all be bashing Crouch. While I don't think he's a top-notch out-and-out striker, he didn't play that badly. Maybe he should have done better with the header. Not with more power but with a little more placement either side of the keeper. I can understand why people are going to have a go about this, because that's what he should be good at, but he did more good then bad in the game as far as I’m concerned.

I remember him playing a cracking ball through for Owen, which, but for a good tackle should have been a goal. Then he'd have been praised for a good assist. From what I saw he caused the defence problems with his obvious natural gift, (height), and didn't play too badly the rest of the game bring their keeper into action on a few occasions. I see potential in him as a useful tool when we need something a little bit different. You’ve got to remember International football is all new to him at the moment and it may take him a little while to settle in properly.

Owen was quiet, but the service wasn't all that and the two chances he had were both dealt with well by the defence.

The biggest talking point of the game, Beckam's sending off, was without a doubt one of the most infuriating I’ve ever seen. I think looking back at it that everyone, even the ref, will think that he shouldn’t have been red-carded. This point probably won’t be dwelt on too much because it didn't cost England the points. The only time I can see this being a problem now is if his ban is carried over into the finals, which would be unbelievable.

There were some positives such as not conceding a goal with the defence looking ok, Young and Cole playing better, but that’s pretty much it.

Yes we should have had another penalty. Yes our performance ok if slightly lacklustre. Yes Sven made me chuckle after the game saying we played “well” in the first half…I didn’t see that, I saw a below average performance that was just enough to get the result. But overall this game left me annoyed and it was for my usual bug-bear.

Diving and feigning injury.

One person in particular that got Beckham sent off.

After the arm incident, you see him go down, start to look up, see his free kick has been given and then grab at his face. Once Beckham’s booked he plays on as normal. The second yellow was ridiculous. Gets away from Beckham, sees the ball going away from him, Beckham pulls out of the challenge, (I saw no contact), and he flings himself to the floor like his hamstring has been ripped from his legs by a ravenous hamster.

Are Chelsea ruining football with their bottomless pot-o-gold and relentlessness? Not for me. Not yet. Diving and feigning still holds that crown for me.

Anyway, bring on “The Match” tonight, a game that will be played for the football as a sport rather then as a business.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.