GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"King Kanye"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/05 at 12:49
Regular
This guy is a legend.

After the compelling views he expressed about George Bush when he was supposed to be reading an autocue (and the recent input of funds to my bank account), I decided I wanted to look into this guy's music. I'd never bought a hip-hop album before, not even by the self-professed black wannabe Eminem so I didn't really know what to expect from an album like this.

Anyway, it turns out this guy is everything the American bible belt has ever feared. A massively talented black Christian. My appreciation of this guy is just getting more and more every time I play this album. There's a good mix of music on here, from feel good to meaningful and honest opinions to a "bangin' tuen" ;-).

Anyway, just thought I'd come in here and make sure you all go out and buy this guys album. It's full of little samples from songs I've heard before, but never quite like this before and it's got Jamie Foxx doing a great Ray Charles impersonation whilst at the same time denouncing the Devil, hardly the usual hip-hop gang-banging.

I'd never paid much attention to this guy until he made Mike Myers look like a complete tool by simply being open and honest and I'm glad I did.
Wed 05/10/05 at 19:53
Regular
Never heard "Kon the Luis" but "I'm Good" is great. Amzing remix of Get By by Talib Kweli.
Wed 05/10/05 at 17:56
"slightlyshortertagl"
Kanye. *thumbs up*

I think I have all his mixtapes and albums (every thing he's ever released) on me comp somewhere :P

If you guys are into Kanye, and want more beyond the two albums, check out 'Kon the Louis Vuitton Don', and 'I'm Good', both pretty damn good :)
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Mozzy"
I love Kanye. Make sure you get his first album - College Dropout.
Wed 05/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
"8==="
Ah, I'll stick to Black Sunday and a bit of Eminem & Jay-Z then. :)

Best chilled thing I have is 'take it back' by Skillz which is, admittedly, great.
Wed 05/10/05 at 15:15
Regular
It's all fairly chilled out Hedfix. Slow enough so that I can understand every word he's saying anyway ;-).
Wed 05/10/05 at 14:49
Regular
I've not gotten on to Late Registration yet.
My friend said it wasn't so good, but that was the day after he got it and we're both people who need time for things to grow on them.
Wed 05/10/05 at 14:32
Regular
"8==="
What I've heard was a little slow for my taste.

If anyone can suggest some fast tracks (fast in lyrical delivery and/or the music) I'll check some out.

If it's all chilled then count me out.
Wed 05/10/05 at 14:20
Regular
Tis excellent.

Check out his first album too, tis just as good as Late Registration.
Wed 05/10/05 at 13:29
Regular
:-D
Wed 05/10/05 at 13:28
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yes, black can people make music too, and it's not just clapping!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.