GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Car Adverts."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 10:08
Regular
Car adverts annoy me. They always show empty roads on sunny days with some ridiculous tagline like "Explore somewhere new" or some rubbish like that. They never show driving how it actually is - crawling through traffic stopping every hundred yards for yet another roundabout - or traffic lights.

In fact maybe it's just driving generally that I dislike. I mean, let's be honest, who actually enjoys driving? Who gets in their car every morning and thinks "I really enjoy my stop-start jounrey out to the bypass, only to get stuck behind some smelly lorry or some idiot doing 65mph in the outside lane"?

And don't even get me started on "Off" Road vehicles. Thos 4x4s that people get. They only go off road when people park them on the pavement for Gods sake.
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:01
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> I have a road rage problem. I want to stab most drivers.

I get that alot too ^^

It doesn't help when you're driving home from work wanting to get home asap and you're following about 5 cars doing 35 in a 60 and there's no overtaking places for 10 mins.

People drive slowly because the road has those stupid slow down or you'll die signs all over the place. What they don't realise is that it's their stupidly slow driving that annoys the feck out of people causing them to attempt dangerous overtaking due to frustration, therefore increasing the chance of an accident more than speeding would.
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:41
Regular
J Nash wrote:
> munn wrote:
> People seem to think that they don't need to indicate on
> roundabouts,
> and it probably causes a hell of a lot of accidents.
>
> I'm not sure you do, just most people do out of common sense.

Using indicators is a lgal requirement, I'm sure of it.

I absolutely despise people who don't indicate - it's even worse if the reason for not indicating is because they're blabbering on their mobile phone.

I have a road rage problem. I want to stab most drivers.
Tue 04/10/05 at 23:08
Regular
No you definately do - I failed my first test because I didn't indicate early enough before coming off.

You indicate depending on the exit you're taking before going on (you don't if it's straight on, or the second exit on a big roundabout), and then indicate left after passing the road before the one you're about to take off.
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:59
Regular
munn wrote:
> People seem to think that they don't need to indicate on roundabouts,
> and it probably causes a hell of a lot of accidents.

I'm not sure you do, just most people do out of common sense.
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:02
Actually that reminds me, when being driven somewhere, we were following a snazzy Mercedes that kept indicating left, whatever way he was turning.

Oh, the hilarity
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:01
Regular
"Not a Jew"
"I don't need to indicate, I know where I'm going"

Yeah I'm the same. I've had a few lessons and there's always a fool who does something stupid which could have been avoided with indicating.
Tue 04/10/05 at 21:56
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> I saw this quoted on some website the other day
>
> "Most roundabouts do not require stopping, which allows
> vehicles to move continuously through intersections at the same low
> speed."

>
> Ahahahahah.
>
> Roundabouts located in rural areas, maybe, but the main beasts
> located in city centres and around there are a joke.

It probably would calm traffic a bit - if there were good drivers on them.

People who don't indicate are my pet hate.
I want to get out and shoot them in the face.
People seem to think that they don't need to indicate on roundabouts, and it probably causes a hell of a lot of accidents.

The other thing I hate is roundabouts with traffic lights on them.

Defeats the purpose.
Tue 04/10/05 at 21:14
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Shortly after passing my test, I can remember when I used to quite enjoy the thought of driving somewhere, wherever it might be.

Finally, I had that sense of freedom and independance I had been longing for...

And now, yes, I very much dread getting up early each morning to go through the same old daily routines to go from A to B, and back again.

I recently had a slight accident invloving an articulate lorry - don't worry, it could've been a LOT worse, believe me! Afterwards, I've found I now appreciate driving somewhat more, just like I used to.

I don't know, if I wrote-off my car then, would I really want to get behind the wheel of another? All that money, the hassle, everything...

I hate other people in 4x4s - to me, they're becoming the new "white van man", acting like the own the roads and can do whatever the heck they like with this elevated sense of power and superiority they all wrongfuly have.

Saying that though, for similar reasons, I'd love to have something big and beefy when I'm a little older - and I blame Jack Bauer for it! I don't see the appeal of BMWs (God, I hate their drivers too!!), sports cars and that lot.
Tue 04/10/05 at 19:34
Regular
"\\"
Strafio wrote:
> But I'll let them off because they always make me laugh. :-)

The one with the guy with the big nose. I haven't laughed at an advert so much. It's the actor playing the 'mum' that makes it for me.
Tue 04/10/05 at 13:59
Regular
I like driving, and I'd say about 60% of my time spent working is driving to or from somewhere.

I still enjoy exploring new places, you can surprise yourself just how much is hidden away around the British Isles.

Of course, speeding tickets and points on your license can soon bring things down a bit, as can sitting in 3 hour traffic jams at 7 in the morning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.