GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ipods"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 03/10/05 at 11:49
Regular
How many of you have one?
Are they worth getting?
What are the problems you have encounted with them?

Cheers
Tue 04/10/05 at 17:27
Regular
"You have a choice"
I'm a lucky **** 'coz i won my iPod mini from Walkers!

Still, it's really really awesome. The songs are very easy to organize, Itunes is brilliant, and the sound from the earbuds is perfection!
Tue 04/10/05 at 16:47
Regular
"Bow To Me Minions"
I'm about to buy a new one for my car, The only reasons I'm going with an Ipod are:

I can get a control box to control it from my headunit (and therfore leave it in the boot)

I commited myself too early, and to be honest, it would take me weeks to import all of my aac's to a new format.
Mon 03/10/05 at 18:42
"LOLLERSKATES!"
My mini has always worked fine and has never had any problems. i've only had it for 6months but now i couldn't live without it
Mon 03/10/05 at 16:14
Regular
"That's right!"
My next Mp3 player won't be an iPod. Bad battery life, easily scratched, iTunes is the work of the devil... but I can't argue with 40 gig and a quite decent interface.

If they make the iPod nanos over 20 gig then I'd consider getting one of them, but since they won't (at least not any time soon) I'll see what I can find when my iPod finally gives up the ghost.

I think people go for iPods because they're well known. Instead of saying "I'll get a ZX 3000 Superduper Ultra Player with X Y and Z" they can just go into a shop and ask to see the iPods.
Mon 03/10/05 at 12:44
Regular
howdy =D
i am looking at 20GB MP3, im thinking on getting the Creative Zen thingy one, but as you do i am checking through Amazon, and i have seen this one "iMuz C700 - 20GB" anybody know if it is any good? the reviews seem very good on it, so i think i may go for this, the Zen or the iMuz C700, what do you guys think?
Mon 03/10/05 at 12:27
"High polygon count"
I've never owned one, and given the problems I've heard about, I never will either.

Dodgy batteries, easily damaged screens and poor sound quality. There are better systems out there.

I swear by my Sony NW-HD3. You could try the newer NW-HD5. Others will advise you to get the Creative Zen. All seem to be better than any form of iPod.
Mon 03/10/05 at 11:55
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
It depends on what money you have to spend, if you can afford an ipod without much worry then get one, but if your stretching yourself to get one then you might as well go for an mp3 player. After all who listens to 1000 songs on the bus. I used to have an ipod but sold it , and now just use my phone which i have around 30 songs on which i change every few days or so , and the sound qualitys the same and it does me fine. Im not missing an ipod but if had money to blow then i would get the new nano.
Mon 03/10/05 at 11:49
Regular
How many of you have one?
Are they worth getting?
What are the problems you have encounted with them?

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.