GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats next???????"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 19:51
Regular
After the Gamecube, Xbox and PS3 are released. What could The companies make next. The only other improvement could be capacity so you could make absolutely massive games but if they're to big you would just get bored.
It would be good if you could get virtual reality rooms and headsets but only millionaires could afford them
Please tell me
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:51
After the Gamecube, Xbox and PS3 are released. What could The companies make next. The only other improvement could be capacity so you could make absolutely massive games but if they're to big you would just get bored.
It would be good if you could get virtual reality rooms and headsets but only millionaires could afford them
Please tell me
Fri 08/06/01 at 09:56
PS4, Gametriangle and the YBOX
STUPID! lol
Sun 10/06/01 at 14:13
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Please take this seriously everyone. I you see this CJ4ever around here please tell me as I need to give him a stern talking to. He was sent here to cause mayhem by the hacker. Please do not talk to him or give him any personal details.
Sun 10/06/01 at 17:47
Regular
"not dead"
You don't know what's coming next?

That's why you're not in the industry then!

You can be sure that even though the Gamecube has yet to be launched, there are people at Nintendo working on what will come next.

Research and development of a new console takes a very long time, so they have to always be working towards what is new.

One thing that's sure to improve over the coming years is graphics. I know that they look impressive now, but it's the one thing that's sure to keep on moving. The more important factors of gaming, however, are less likely to develop at such a rate.

Since 3D became the norm in games it's almost as if the final frontier has been reached. No more can be added to the traditional styles of play, so they have to develop into something new in order to keep the genre interesting.

Looking back, you can really see how things have changed. Does anyone remember arcade games like Operation Wolf? Basically, you had this gun, and you shot things as they popped up on the screen in front of you. It was like the 1st person shooters of today, but on rails. You just shot the things as they came at you, and let the game take you were it had too.

Rumour has it that when Goldeneye was first in development it was to be like this. However, it developed into the game we now know over time. Many genres have undergone some kind of transformation in order to make the most of new technology, and bring us improved gaming experiences.

Look at how popular 2D platformers were in the Megadrive / SNES era. They now have become 3D adventures, as your typical 2D platformer just doesn't make the most of the 3D environments that we have gotten used to.

So what's in the future is sure to be something special, and innovative in terms of gaming.

Personally I don't believe that we will see VR headsets for at least another decade, as this would be quite some leap from what we have in our living rooms today, but maybe sometime later in the future? Who knows!
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What is comming next?
nobody excatly knows except for people who works for the developers, and I don't think they plan on telling for a while now.

What will happen though is the hardware will improve as it always does, the computer industry is so succesful and it dosn't look like that will change for quite some time. All the developers will be working on "top secret" designs of new consoles that should change the way games are played. Maybee we will see a leap towards on-line gamming, or to VR where you are "put" inside the game. The fact is we just need to wait until the new technology is available to take computer gamming to the next level.
Sun 10/06/01 at 18:00
Regular
"Hoo Har"
I know whats coming next for PS3 as it was stated in a PS1 magazine. I cant remeber what it is called, but i know what it does...

It allows you to be in a secen of a film, you put your DVD in and you become a chracter in the back.

Just think, you could be egging on Maximous on Galdiator, or you could be dodging bullets on the Matrix.

I dont know how this will improve gaming but i certinaly cant wait!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.