GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"uk us playstation 2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
what's the difference between the uk and us playstation 2 and how would it effect me if i bought a playstation 2 for the us to the uk?
Thu 07/06/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
residentevilfan wrote:
Secondly you need a converter to
> see it in colour on your PAL "UK" tele.

I don't know about
> hardware for it like the controllers and memory cards.It should run

You wouldnt need a converter just a scart lead and a TV that can support NTSC.

Hardware runs on any console. So UK pads and memory cards will work on the US PS2.

I wouldnt say that it is much trouble. If you find a reliable importer to get you the machine and games then it will be ok. Games cost around $50 in America so you may expect to pay maybe £50 for the American games, but you will need to look more into this.
Thu 07/06/01 at 20:06
Regular
"Back For Good"
forgot to say this in the other post.

Games are alot easier to come by in America,I've been after some PSone games for years and haven't found the PAL versions,Could order the NTSC versions in 2 minutes from the states if i had an American console that is. D'oh
Thu 07/06/01 at 20:01
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well different TV system so you would need a NTSC TV(Most New TV support NTSC). Maybe different power supply is used so a converter would be needed. You would need to get all of your games and DVD's from America. This maybe a good thing as DVD films and games usually come out in America first and the games will run better. Importing films doesnt cost much more than DVD films in the UK. The games maybe a bit more than the UK price but you wouold have to look into that.

You wont beable to play UK games or DVDs on the US machine without a chip or some type of mod. Bonus(A Memember of this site could fill you in on where to get one).

If your fine with not getting the UK games and DVDs and only want American stuff then there wont be many problems at all I dont think. Any one else know of any other problems?
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:56
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Don't forget to vote in the Notables election in FOG (Chat)
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:55
Regular
"Back For Good"
First off the UK games wouldn't work on it,unless it's "chipped".so you'd have to import the NTSC "US" games which costs a fair bit.

Secondly you need a converter to see it in colour on your PAL "UK" tele.

Thirdly you won't be able to play UK DVD's so you'd have to have them imported too or run them on a different player.

I don't know about hardware for it like the controllers and memory cards.It should run cd's the same though.

more trouble than it's worth.
Thu 07/06/01 at 19:44
Regular
"!"£$%^&*()_+"
what's the difference between the uk and us playstation 2 and how would it effect me if i bought a playstation 2 for the us to the uk?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.