GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Land of the Dead"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/09/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Am I the only one who loved it?

Opening few minutes' voice over left me in the correct state for enjoyment of a Romero film; unsettled and paranoid. And very afraid.

Okay, so Asia Argento would have difficulty acting her way out of a damp paper bag, and perhaps the leading man was too bland (in that I can't actually remember his name), but as a Romero film (and, therefore, a comment on society and it's decay via the medium of zombies) I found it unbeatable.

Then again, I think too much...
Tue 27/09/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Am I the only one who loved it?

Opening few minutes' voice over left me in the correct state for enjoyment of a Romero film; unsettled and paranoid. And very afraid.

Okay, so Asia Argento would have difficulty acting her way out of a damp paper bag, and perhaps the leading man was too bland (in that I can't actually remember his name), but as a Romero film (and, therefore, a comment on society and it's decay via the medium of zombies) I found it unbeatable.

Then again, I think too much...
Tue 27/09/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im trying to convince my mates to go and see it but they'd rather see Longest Yard which looks balls.
Wed 28/09/05 at 01:16
"High polygon count"
Mozzy wrote:
> Im trying to convince my mates to go and see it but they'd rather see
> Longest Yard which looks balls.

It can't be, it's got The Legend that is Burt Reynolds in it.

Which means it's even worth tolerating Chris Rock for!
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:20
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I saw it last night, and have to agree. Really enjoyed the film. To be honest i turned up expecting it to just be a brainless blood fest, but was surprised to see it was deeper than that, and there was indeed a good plot in there.

Also, for only a 15 i thought it was very gory, should easily have been an 18 i felt.
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:50
Regular
The only reason Asia Argento landed a role in this was because a relative of hers (her father, I think) was a producer on the original Dawn of the Dead.
Wed 28/09/05 at 17:03
Regular
Dario Argento.
Wed 28/09/05 at 17:09
Regular
The movie was really good. Being a Romeo fan I wasn't suprised at the political subtext.

Then again the ending was pants.
Thu 29/09/05 at 10:27
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I think the directors cut will be a lot better. It seemed like as you were about to see typical Romero gore, the camera turned away, not like Romero at all.

And the ending was a bit poop.
Sat 01/10/05 at 00:36
Regular
I didn't think it was that great. Nowhere near as good as the original Dawn, but a little better then Day.
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Day was so good!

ARGH...Why do people think it is so rubbish?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.