GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I had an awful day"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Starting work at Morrisons again blah de blah

However, they said come this morning at 9am for my induction which I thought would be an hour or two of form filing/uniform receiving like last time.

Nope, I was in a crowded room for 6 hours being read a health and safety booklet from page to page. Then the woman, in complete primary school manner asked everyone to 'spot the mistakes' in a cartoon picture. It was sad to see grown men and women shout these out like a bunch of five year olds, it really was.

I've had about 3 hours sleep and I've missed the last bus to my mate's parents house place which was having a big party.

I hate work
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Starting work at Morrisons again blah de blah

However, they said come this morning at 9am for my induction which I thought would be an hour or two of form filing/uniform receiving like last time.

Nope, I was in a crowded room for 6 hours being read a health and safety booklet from page to page. Then the woman, in complete primary school manner asked everyone to 'spot the mistakes' in a cartoon picture. It was sad to see grown men and women shout these out like a bunch of five year olds, it really was.

I've had about 3 hours sleep and I've missed the last bus to my mate's parents house place which was having a big party.

I hate work
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Gutted.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Remember the box lifting scene in The Office?

There was a part that was like that but 100 times worse.

I nearly just walked out about three times.
Sat 24/09/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Health and Safety.. That stuff is generally a waste of time.
Sat 24/09/05 at 17:19
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, who needs health or infact safety...?
Sat 24/09/05 at 18:08
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hedfix wrote:
> Yeah, who needs health or infact safety...?

I think health needs safety and safety needs health. They are an irrepressible tag team. SHEEPY you might be able to take some hope from the fact that no matter how crappy it gets, at least you dont work in a call centre.

:(
Sat 24/09/05 at 18:49
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
RoJ wrote:
> Health and Safety.. That stuff is generally a waste of time.

It's usually the big supermarkets who waste hour upon hour on training. Many many years ago I was a trolley porter at Tesco and had to endure hour upon hour of health and safety training covering everything from making sure there were no grapes on the floor in the fruit and veg aisle (even though I worked outside all the time) to making sure I didn't push too many trollies at once (it took them an hour to explain to me I shouldn't push more than 8 at any given time)

The only plus side to this was when we were shown a video that had 2 good bits on it. The first was a bloke who got into a lift without shutting the doors, slipped and his leg was ripped off after being trapped between the lift floor and the lift shaft and the second was when a bloke was driving a fork lift truck in the warehouse, smashed through some doors and smashed a bloke on the other side in the face with one of the doors.

Problem was I was the youngest in the room by a good 30 years and everyone was looking absolutely horrified apart from me who was sitting at the back with tears running down my face from laughing. Still didn't stop though even with everyone looking at me.

Moral of the story: If you work in a supermarket expect to be constantly blasted with red tape and bureaucracy.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:07
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
SHEEPY wrote:
> I've missed the last bus

Haha. At 4:31pm? Where do you live?
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:19
sheepy in surprise moaning post shocker!!!
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:41
Regular
"the burning sky"
Sort of relates to the topic. We went to Nando's last night and there was a guy at another table being really cocky, picked up a ketchup bottle and tried to spin half in his hand, half in the air. Problem was the top came of and went all down his front and over the floor. Some wench..ermm..waitress had to come and put one of those 'Caution Wet' bollards on the floor. Then the guy complained to the staff cus he got it on his expensive trainers. 'tard.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.