GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3D Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 15:02
Regular
This was going to be a reply to the other 3D topic but i would like to hear your reply's so i started my own.

3D games aren't so far away in terms of possibility. Remember the green and red glasses that made an image come to life,Well a few months back this was used on a PSM2 DVD with the MTV music generator and it wasn't half bad.

The problem is that it's colourless,but anyone who's been to the IMAX in London will see that with some tinted specs and a screen you can bring very colourfull moving images or films completely to life. In America they have recently released an Imax DVD which is probably stunning.

Another problem is the size of the screen, in the Imax this is absolutly HUGE where as the average kid on the block has either a 14inch in their room or the big TV downstairs for their console.The effect just wouldn't be the same.

How about The Television Goggles which are easily availible in shops that gives an impression that you're seeing a really massive TV all around you but it's really just 2 very small screens about 1 inch from your eyes.

An excellent idea would be to narrow down the tinted 3D glasses and place them onto the superb television specs and play the game or dvd which is in complete IMAX 3D and there you have it, the closest to virtual reality that is so easily possible with the PS2's DVD format or any games console.

TAKE NOTES SONY
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:02
Regular
"Back For Good"
This was going to be a reply to the other 3D topic but i would like to hear your reply's so i started my own.

3D games aren't so far away in terms of possibility. Remember the green and red glasses that made an image come to life,Well a few months back this was used on a PSM2 DVD with the MTV music generator and it wasn't half bad.

The problem is that it's colourless,but anyone who's been to the IMAX in London will see that with some tinted specs and a screen you can bring very colourfull moving images or films completely to life. In America they have recently released an Imax DVD which is probably stunning.

Another problem is the size of the screen, in the Imax this is absolutly HUGE where as the average kid on the block has either a 14inch in their room or the big TV downstairs for their console.The effect just wouldn't be the same.

How about The Television Goggles which are easily availible in shops that gives an impression that you're seeing a really massive TV all around you but it's really just 2 very small screens about 1 inch from your eyes.

An excellent idea would be to narrow down the tinted 3D glasses and place them onto the superb television specs and play the game or dvd which is in complete IMAX 3D and there you have it, the closest to virtual reality that is so easily possible with the PS2's DVD format or any games console.

TAKE NOTES SONY
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:20
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
hmmm... gd thing you put that first line in otherwise I's be abusing you for copying the topic... actually this has all been said in the other topic time and time again!

Sonic
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:26
It seems to be hard to think up new topics these days. Nothing seems to be happening in the gaming world at the moment that is remotely interesting.
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
residentevilfan wrote:
How about The
> Television Goggles which are easily availible in shops that gives an
> impression that you're seeing a really massive TV all around you but
> it's really just 2 very small screens about 1 inch from your
> eyes.

This has already been invented and is available in the argos catalogue for £299.99.
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:17
Regular
"Back For Good"
This has already been invented and is available in the
> argos catalogue for £299.99.

yes i know,read the thing again and you'll understand what i'm getting at.
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Yes but they are very expensive.
Thu 07/06/01 at 18:13
Regular
"Back For Good"
I know all about the olmypus glasses thats what i was talking about, they are very expensive, I'd rather have a widescreen TV for the same price.
Tue 27/10/09 at 07:25
Regular
"GONE FISHIN"
joint 1st Ian Robinson & Mark Elliott 10lb 14oz

3rd Andy Starkey 9lb 9oz

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.