GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game Updates"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 14:16
Regular
One thing sony should start thinking about is the ability to have games that can be updated using the Internet. With the introduction of the hard disk updates could be downloaded of the net then stored on the hard disk( or memory cards). Then when you load the game it checks( just like loading a saved game from a memory card) if there are updates to load. just imagine new tracks to play. Extra levles, more characters, fixed bugs. It would be the start of "complete" games. You could download new characters for WWF games, extra weapons/levels/ enemies for games like metal gear solid.

This is just an idea but hopefully it will become reality. Let me know what you think.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
One thing sony should start thinking about is the ability to have games that can be updated using the Internet. With the introduction of the hard disk updates could be downloaded of the net then stored on the hard disk( or memory cards). Then when you load the game it checks( just like loading a saved game from a memory card) if there are updates to load. just imagine new tracks to play. Extra levles, more characters, fixed bugs. It would be the start of "complete" games. You could download new characters for WWF games, extra weapons/levels/ enemies for games like metal gear solid.

This is just an idea but hopefully it will become reality. Let me know what you think.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:18
Regular
Nope, becaus eit is a back door for allowing games companies to start patching console games!!! I will never agree to such a filthy business, and the WWF should be banned there, hah!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:23
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
What do you mean by patching console games??? And where should the WWf be banned??
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:24
Regular
Aliboy wrote:
> And where should the
> WWf be banned??

In this country for a start
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:27
Regular
"Back For Good"
yeah true,producers tend to be that tiny bit lazier with pc games because any bugs or problems found can be updated later.but on the other hand it'll kick butt downloading new patches for games and 40gigs worth oh WOW.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:29
Aliboy wrote:
> What do you mean by patching console games???

Patches are special add ons that are used to fix bugs on PC games.

And as far as I know Aliboy, when the internet is available for PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube, it will be possible to download extra levels and cheats. I am not sure about fixing bugs though.
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:31
Regular
The WWF should be banned because kids your age should spend all the money you do on merchandising on charities which prevent kids your age dying from starvation in Africa, Bonus has spoken!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 14:47
"High polygon count"
Sod that, we've enough problems with our own kids/youth - sort them out first!
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:05
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I think game makers are slacker with PC games because they can just patch it but some of the bugs are just blatantly obvious its just irritating.
Thu 07/06/01 at 15:13
Regular
Like Black and White, for example!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.