GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bye bye Punk"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/09/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
CM Punk was trashed backstage recently by Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Michael Hayes after watching one of his matches. The main thing they put against him was that they thought he didn't know how to get over, and that he wrestles like he's doing a simulated wrestling match, not working a wrestling match.

Some backstage observers claim that no matter what Punk did in the ring, they still would have been down on him. Simply because he's an unknown who isn't physically impressive and doesn't have a gimmick that he can use to get over yet

Hardly surprising Trips is down on him what with Punk's anti-drugs stance and we know how much Trips loves the juice (not really one to talk though, he hasn't drawn anywhere near enough to justify his position), however i'm surprised with Michaels and couldn't particularly give a stuff what Hayes has to say.

So i doubt Punk will be lasting long, plus he's a favourite of Heyman's so that's only going to cause more trouble for him. Shall be interesting to see if he lasts long enough to make a debut on RAW
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
CM Punk was trashed backstage recently by Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Michael Hayes after watching one of his matches. The main thing they put against him was that they thought he didn't know how to get over, and that he wrestles like he's doing a simulated wrestling match, not working a wrestling match.

Some backstage observers claim that no matter what Punk did in the ring, they still would have been down on him. Simply because he's an unknown who isn't physically impressive and doesn't have a gimmick that he can use to get over yet

Hardly surprising Trips is down on him what with Punk's anti-drugs stance and we know how much Trips loves the juice (not really one to talk though, he hasn't drawn anywhere near enough to justify his position), however i'm surprised with Michaels and couldn't particularly give a stuff what Hayes has to say.

So i doubt Punk will be lasting long, plus he's a favourite of Heyman's so that's only going to cause more trouble for him. Shall be interesting to see if he lasts long enough to make a debut on RAW
Mon 19/09/05 at 19:50
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
It will be WWE's loss if they don't keep him
Tue 20/09/05 at 13:48
Regular
"..."
It's a shame Punk fell out with TNA management, as he'd have been a bigger star there and appreciated for his talent. Mind you, I'd fall out with TNA if they put me in a regular team with Julio Dinero...

I was surprised when WW picked up Punk and Swinger, after they both failed to make an impact in TNA, kinda makes it look like WWE is sniffing round after TNA's dregs, to the clued-up fan, especially as Vince hasn't been able to lure any big names from TNA as yet...
Tue 20/09/05 at 14:09
Regular
"you've got a beard"
to me it seems that they're sabotaging TNA a little, they scoop talent from them, whack a no-compete clause in and then do nothing with the workers.
Tue 20/09/05 at 14:13
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> to me it seems that they're sabotaging TNA a little, they scoop talent
> from them

'Talent'?? I'm not sure Swinger constitiutes talent and Punk was long done with TNA anyway.

If Vince was really capable of sabotaging TNA, then he'd be targeting Raven, Jarrett, Samoa Joe, Daniels, AJ Styles, AMW and Abyss...oh hang on he already has, but they'd rather work for TNA!
Tue 20/09/05 at 14:23
Regular
"you've got a beard"
hehe, is it even WORTH asking raven again?
Tue 20/09/05 at 14:24
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> hehe, is it even WORTH asking raven again?

Well...if he gan Hogan back about 10 dozen times...then anything is possible...
Tue 20/09/05 at 14:27
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i doubt ravens paycheck would be anywhere near as enticing.
especially given how badly they handled his last run.
Tue 20/09/05 at 18:01
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think it's certain that Jarrett will never work for Vince again after he left with the Intercontinental championship and made Vince pay him $250000 to buy it back!
Tue 20/09/05 at 18:16
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Whether the rumour is true or not about Punk being slated backstage, I really don't think Punk's in that much trouble for now (well, except for having a broken face after a botched slap in OVW).

HBK/HHH/Hayes can belittle Punk as much as they want backstage, but while he's in OVW, he'll hone himself as much as is needed to get him noticed, and give him more time to bulk up a little, so he can have more of a presence in-ring with the rest of the muscle-bound guys.

Paul London's career in WWE was predicted to be doomed from the start, especally when he was jobbing left, right and centre with seemingly no sign of a push whatsoever. Then Spanky/Kendrick left, making it seem even less likely he'd go anywhere. But he stuck it out and starting getting a few more wins, and got to the point of being Cruiserweight champion before the road agents screwed things up with the SSP edict.

Punk's in OVW, where just about every other recently-signed wrestler goes (see: Lesnar, Cena, Batista, Benjamin et al), and what's even better is he's working with Heyman. Punk needs a little while in OVW to adjust himself to the WWE style - he himself admitted he has to work on wrestling shorter sub-10 minute matches, because he prefers telling a story over a longer length of time. He has to compact a story into the TV taping size of match they're made to work in WWE... but that's about it. He doesn't have to cut out a bunch of 1080 flip dives, or erase a load of dangerous head-drops from his moveset - he knows how to put together a match, how to sell, how to work the crowd, how to talk. That's even better than London was at this stage.

Some within WWE call it "paying your dues", others would just say it's having patience, but that's basically what Punk has to do at this stage. Whether it's a good idea or not, that's just how it seems to work there. Punk doesn't have to worry about his main crowd-pleasing moves being banned, because he doesn't use those types of moves. He doesn't have to worry about getting himself over just with his in-ring work, because his promos are excellent. All he has to worry about are the same things as everyone else - the Creative Team, mostly.

So I think it's ever-so-slightly early to be worrying about Punk's status in the company, especially considering that if he was released TNA would be all over him like BSE on uncooked beef after those 90 days are up. He won't be winning many matches for now, sure, but that's just how it goes - if he waits it out and earns his chances, he'll be given them in time.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.