GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Congrats To Comedy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 11:23
Regular
Many genres of Television and Film are made to perfection, to suit the viewer and the setting. Action does this by having high speed scenes which are made to thrill and excite you and the genre of romance has slow, passionate scenes. All of these genres are pretty easy to achieve for the scriptwriter and the director but there is one genre that I feel is not as easy to produce.

Pulling a joke is not an easy thing and comedy does this ten times over. I’m sure many of you have said something to someone and they don’t find it funny. In fact, I’m sure it’s happened many a time. That’s the thing, when someone watches’s action they know what to expect, fast paced scenes with guns and non-stop off the edge of your seat action. But, when someone watch’s a comedy they do not know what to expect from it, sure there will be gags but will they be up to scratch?

People have many different views on comedy, an 85 year old may find jokes about the war funny when a teenager wouldn’t, whilst a teenager would find aspects to young teenage life funny when an 85 year old wouldn’t. What I am trying to say here is that comedy does well to make everyone laugh, to keep up its ratings on TV and to carry on finding new ways to do this. If anything, comedy is the genre that does appeal to people but not all types of it, the same cannot be said about other genres.

When I see programmes such as ‘Faulty Towers’ and ‘Only Fools & Horses’ I still laugh, even though I have seen them so many times before. Its amazing how comedy programmes still run on the air for so many years, being repeated over and over but we still love to watch them. I think this may be because of the quotes and characters that are created are some that will always stick in people’s minds.

In the future I hope comedy will continue and programmes and films that match the likes of ‘Faulty Towers’ and ‘Dumb & Dumber’ continue to be produced.

Hats off to comedy and congrats to it, not only for achieving to do so well in such a hard to create genre but also for making us laugh and smile when we need it.

Anyone got a favourite comedy moment? If so, share it :0)
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:28
Wow! My first filmaday! I'm really glad it was on that topic too as its something i'm really passionate about. I'd been here 2 days when i wrote that but for some reason it said 'just got here today'..? Anyway, umm.. thanks! :o)
Fri 08/06/01 at 19:26
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Comedy is the best..

One of the best human emotions is laughter and if you don't do it a lot then I feel you will have a quicker death than the rest of us!

When I say humour I do not mean the poor old jokes...

Knock Knock

Whos there

etc.

The best use of humour I feel is the use of sarcasm and real life situations that bring a smile to your face, from say the memories.

The best kind of laughter is when you are say in the company of your friends and you have grown to know their personalty very well and know what they are likely to say next and when they do, you feel as if you might die of laughter. If you know what I mean

The worst king of laughter is when you are not allowed to laugh. It could be school or so you don't affend someone, but the point is you can't laugh so you need to hold it in, and the more you hold it in the more funny the situation becomes and then you start to burst, you make strange obscene sounds until the pain reaches the maximum containment level and you need to laugh or die.

So laughter/humour there you go :D
Fri 08/06/01 at 18:23
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
pld LunchBox
according to this...

Lunchbox
"I KickAss 4 The Lord"
Just Arrived Today stats

it's your first day? pretty good start I'm thinking :)
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But, the all time mixing of genres:

The Princess Bride.

or, as the tagline says:
"Heroes. Giants. Villains. Wizards. True love. Not just your basic, average, everyday, ordinary, run-of-the-mill fairy tale"

It has drama, comedy, romance, action, swordfights, thriller elements.

A perfect, perfect film.
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:39
Police Story - what a top film. Genuinely funny, with some of the most OTT non CGI stunts you're likely to see.

Humour gets mixed with other genres quite a lot, particularly mock horror. A personal favourite is The Crow, which I love as a film. Brandon Lee shows a nice light touch of humour against the main out for revenge plot. You've also got the Evil Deads as well.

It gets used a lot in action movies. Bruce Willis and Arnie have made careers out of the 'I've just killed you AND directed a one liner at your corpse. Bonus.' genre. You even get 'gentle' comedy (ie. not usually funny) in period dramas. Comedy gets everywhere.
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yeah, '79 I think.

Jackie Chan really young, dubbed but furious and funny.
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:14
"Uzi Lover"
Drunken Master an old film?

Not that it matters with Martial Arts anyway.
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Exactly.

A brilliant movie, "Battle Creek Brawl" is pretty good, but doesnt mix these genres so well
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:08
"Uzi Lover"
A drunk kung fu guy, wicked!
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Jackie Chan, "Drunken Master"

Action, Martial Arts, Drama and Comedy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.