GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV License."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 19:45
Regular
Just purchased one of these fangled things, but I wish to make a query, probably to those with experience in the issue.

Now that I have purchased the license (online), am I free to use my television at my new residence, or do I have to wait until the actual paper license comes through?

My Dad seems to think I can, but when £1000 is at stake for a fine, I don't want "think", I'd prefer "know".
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:03
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Just purchased one of these fangled things, but I wish to make a
> query, probably to those with experience in the issue.
>
> Now that I have purchased the license (online), am I free to use my
> television at my new residence, or do I have to wait until the actual
> paper license comes through?
>
> My Dad seems to think I can, but when £1000 is at stake for a
> fine, I don't want "think", I'd prefer "know".

It starts from the beginning of the month. I (well my mum) bought one on 20th September and it started from the first.

We had some problems with our TV licence when we moved into this flat. They registered to the ground floor flat (we're the top) and threatened us with a £1000 fine, but it all got sorted.
Tue 20/09/05 at 18:16
"High polygon count"
[URL]http://www.tvlicensing.biz/[/URL]
Mon 19/09/05 at 07:05
Regular
You'll be fine - their records will state you paid/applied for one.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:38
Regular
"Selected"
You'll be fine, even if they do come around within the few weeks it's gonna take for you to get your license - which they won't (they just want you to believe they can arrive in a helicopter, smash through your window and have you in cuffs the second you turn your TV on without a license) - you can tell them you have one on the way. Infact, they'll probably already know your room has got one if they come to check your area.

And the thing about the £1000 is a bit of a scare tactic. I'm not saying people haven't been caught and had to pay that much, but in my experience they'll send a bunch of letters first, giving you ample time to get a license. To be honest, I think they go for students with the £1000 fine idea because we're the hardest to catch when we don't have a license - we only spend under a year in one place at a time, after all.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:22
Regular
"the burning sky"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Now that I have purchased the license (online), am I free to use my
> television at my new residence, or do I have to wait until the actual
> paper license comes through?

As far as I know, my bro purchased one over the phone and hasnt received any paperwork, but has all intent to watch his TV when he goes away tomorrow.
Sat 17/09/05 at 19:45
Regular
Just purchased one of these fangled things, but I wish to make a query, probably to those with experience in the issue.

Now that I have purchased the license (online), am I free to use my television at my new residence, or do I have to wait until the actual paper license comes through?

My Dad seems to think I can, but when £1000 is at stake for a fine, I don't want "think", I'd prefer "know".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.