GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"IPW:UK"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/09/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Has anyone heard of IPW:UK?

I might be booking tickets to go and see it because its in my town at the moment.

It says it is a TLC Match and the card features WCW Star Vampiro.

It also says "As seen on Sky - Just Like the WWE" so i was wondering if it had been on TWC?

THis is the card:

IPW:UK - "One Year Anniversary Show"
September 25th 2005

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

Venue: Orpington Halls, Orpington, Kent
Bell Time: 6.30
Doors: 6.00

CARD:

TABLES... LADDERS... AND CHAIRS
IPW:UK Tag TLC Title Match
IPW:UK Tag Champions AK47 (c) vs. Ashley Reed & Tony 'Superstar' Sefton vs. The Chav Army vs. The Kartel

IPW:UK Title Match
IPW:UK Champion Martin Stone (c) vs. Jody Fleisch

Contendership Match
Andy Boy Simmonz vs. James Tighe

'The Gift' Ross Jordan vs. Paul Robinson

Plus, Jonny Storm and many more stars of IPW:UK!
Fri 16/09/05 at 15:35
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Has anyone heard of IPW:UK?

I might be booking tickets to go and see it because its in my town at the moment.

It says it is a TLC Match and the card features WCW Star Vampiro.

It also says "As seen on Sky - Just Like the WWE" so i was wondering if it had been on TWC?

THis is the card:

IPW:UK - "One Year Anniversary Show"
September 25th 2005

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS

Venue: Orpington Halls, Orpington, Kent
Bell Time: 6.30
Doors: 6.00

CARD:

TABLES... LADDERS... AND CHAIRS
IPW:UK Tag TLC Title Match
IPW:UK Tag Champions AK47 (c) vs. Ashley Reed & Tony 'Superstar' Sefton vs. The Chav Army vs. The Kartel

IPW:UK Title Match
IPW:UK Champion Martin Stone (c) vs. Jody Fleisch

Contendership Match
Andy Boy Simmonz vs. James Tighe

'The Gift' Ross Jordan vs. Paul Robinson

Plus, Jonny Storm and many more stars of IPW:UK!
Fri 16/09/05 at 18:27
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
There is an Irish promotion on TWC called something like that, I believe it was on last night.

Maybe they're doing a UK tour? I like going to see events in smaller locations as you get closer to the action and can see how they pull off some of the moves (putting their hands in front of their face to cushion a blow etc) and if the crowd is quiet you can hear them talking to each other about their next few moves!
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:55
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I really just wanna go so that i can go "Woooooo" if they do a chop and so i can chant "HOLY S**T HOLY S**T HOLY S**T" when someone goes through a table!
Sat 17/09/05 at 16:42
Regular
"I like cheese"
Jonny Storm and Fleisch are pretty good.
Sat 17/09/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Well, i bought my tickets. turned out at £13 each. Didnt bother getting ringside because i know the hall and its not exactly huge so i should be able to see OK wherever i am sitting!
Sun 18/09/05 at 10:20
Regular
"..."
Wardy, have you seen any FWA on TWC? If you have, you will like IPW:UK, since FWA regularly 'borrows' their talent (actually it's more like 'steals' since as FWA then tell the talent in question when they can and cannot work for IPW...but anyway...).

IPW:UK (and indeed any other English feds) won't be appearing on TWC any time soon, as the terms of the contract between FWA and TWC state that FWA have the final say on whether TWC can show any other English footage, meaning that anyone they see as 'competition' in the UK won't be getting any TV exposure any time soon. Unfair I know...especially as FWA aren't even producing anything for TWC at the moment...
Sun 18/09/05 at 10:30
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I always seem to miss FWA, i check to see what time its on and then i try and remember but i always seem to forget!

Im pretty sure i should like it though.

Considering theres a TLC match it should hopefully be pretty good too.

I saw a Promo thing for Johnny Storm on TWC yesterday and i was sayin to my dad "Dad come here quick, thats the bloke we are gonna see!"

I was watching a bit of IWW and i am guessing that it is the same sort of thing to that because they are in little halls like the one i am going to.

Its probably really sad to admit it, but im actually really looking forward to it!
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Cong_Man wrote:

> meaning that anyone they see as 'competition' in the UK
> won't be getting any TV exposure any time soon.

Probably why old 80's wrestling always seems to be the only English wrestling on TWC these days. Last night was Big Daddy vs some bloke whose name I can't remember.
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:52
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Cong_Man wrote:
> FWA aren't even producing anything for TWC at the moment...

that's because TWC stopped paying mate.

that show looks good, there are some good names up there. Simmonz/Tighe should be good.
Alex Shane is going to be at the next FWA acadamy event as well, which is good news as i rarely get to seem him in person and his endless list of "your mum" put-downs makes me pleased :D
Mon 19/09/05 at 14:05
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:
> that's because TWC stopped paying mate.

That's not what I read in the official FWA statement? Athough I will of course bow to your insider knowledge. Last thing I read coming out of FWA was that they were taking a hiatus from TV, because since they started airing on TWC their live attendances had dropped and they were being roundly criticised by the fans for coming off as 'WWE-lite'. So the plan was for them to go back to putting on great wrestling then come back to TV with a product which would actually encorage fans to come see the live show...

Either way, some of the terms of FWA's contract with TWC are effectively strangling the life out of British Wrestling...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.