GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Empire's Readers Screening"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/09/05 at 12:05
Regular
"not dead"
Got tickets to see a movie for free in Cambridge on Monday. It's a preview, so not released yet, a UIP film, and a 15 certificate.

Land of the Dead fits that profile, so fingers crossed I'm getting to see it for free.

Or it could be some rubbish film that I've never heard of. But it's still free. And I could always walk out.
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:33
Regular
"0228"
From what you wrote it sounds like a crossbob script. Muchos slo-mo and random aliens? Just his sort of thing. Sounds brilliant actually.
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:28
Regular
"not dead"
Reefer wrote:
> You lucky, lucky sod.

Lucky? It blew. I couldn't sit through it. Never followed the series, never want to.
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Has anyone got this months empire magazine? What are they giving away free this time?
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:34
Regular
You lucky, lucky sod. Firefly owned, and Serenity looks great from everything I've read and seen. I'm guessing I'll enjoy it as I loved the series so much.
Tue 20/09/05 at 13:02
Regular
"not dead"
It was Serenity.

We lasted around 45 minutes, then could take no more.

Really clichéd sci-fi, awful characters and terrible, terrible dialogue.

The first few minutes were awful. Girl at school, yteacher goes up to her, and -FLASH- it's just a memory, we're now in some room, and the girls older, then -FLASH- + SLO-MO!!1 bloke has set off a weapon, and he escapes with the girl that turns out is his sister the -FLASH- what we're watching is actually the record of their escape, as beign witnessed by a man with no name. Who says - look on his face, it's LOVE.

When it threaten to get good, these evil space things show up with the intent of raping and eating warm flesh, it only lasts a minute, and it goes all naff western, dashing through desert plains, shooting old fashioned guns.

When you think it can't get any worse, the girl flips and beats people up with that awful Buffy style fighting. But then this is meing watching on a screen by a HAxOR type, who has the worst dialogue possible, and it's as much as I can take.

The only plus was that none of the space folk had Star-Trek type lumps of crap on their faces.

Oh, and the whole place was full of sci-fi geeks who were hoping it was Serenity all along, who cheered when it came up on the screen. And they were actually laughing at the gags in the script, which were SO crow-barred in, and sounded so forced.

It was rubbish. I don't even care what happened next to any character at all. I hope this bombs.
Tue 20/09/05 at 03:26
Regular
Land of the Dead is an 18 isn't it? Wouldn't be that then.
Tue 20/09/05 at 03:22
Regular
"8==="
I do, however, remember him churning out crap for a few years... some cheerleader/demon guff if I recall.
Tue 20/09/05 at 01:09
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Obviously, if it is Serenity, I shall watch with a completely open
> mind. I won't let the fact that this man wrote Sigourney's Alien baby
> into Ressurection, or the fact that he made a Buffy without Luke Perry
> in it.

There's a good interview with Joss Whedon in Total Film this month where he talks about his disdain of the ending of Alien: Resurrection. He wrote four endings, all of which ended with the Betty crashing on Earth, none of which were used.

Quote: "I sat there and watched the end and thought 'I don't remember writing the bit where it says 'Ripley makes out with big sloppy Alien dog' at the end..."
Mon 19/09/05 at 23:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm betting on the Buffy flick.
Mon 19/09/05 at 11:35
Regular
"not dead"
Empire forum people think it's Serenity. Though that's probably wishful thinking from those Buffy loving buffoons.

I don't think I want to see some crappy sci-fi that didn't work on TV, space pirate with PMT type movie-crud.

Obviously, if it is Serenity, I shall watch with a completely open mind. I won't let the fact that this man wrote Sigourney's Alien baby into Ressurection, or the fact that he made a Buffy without Luke Perry in it.

Just seen the words 'unstable telepathis sister' in a plot summary.

And I don't like his picture on IMDB.

I want zombies. Rah-rah-rah.

I'd even settle for Andre 3000 and Mark Walberg pretending to be 'brudders'.

Expect a report tomorrow. Or another day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.