GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Real Betis vs Liverpool"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 21:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
Didn't put the score in the title in case anyone doesn't know it yet, but it finished 2-1 to the Champions of Europe!

Fantastic first half performance, have to admit I was very surprised at the way we lined-up, and judging by Phil Thompson's rather vacant expression I think he was too. But it was a brilliant start, Sinama-Pongolle scoring an absolute beauty after a wonderful touch to control the ball.

Then, for the second, Crouch and Zenden combined brilliantly to set up the excellent Luis Garcia for a second with only 15 minutes gone!

We could have scored more, but the same can be said of Betis, who took advantage of what I felt was a weak (and unfit) Liverpool back four. Traore was soon back to his amazing long-legged lunges, but both he and Josemi looked tired in the second half and couldn't deal with the likes of Dani and Joaquin - the former setting up a nice goal back for the Spanish side.

My heart was in my mouth (ewww) for the rest of the second half but we got there, just, although I think the original 11 Benitez picked tired themselves out in a fantastic first half. Either way, the perfect start for the Reds...and Sissoko is definitely going on the back of my next shirt, awesome performance.

In other news, Chelsea beat Anderlecht by a goal to nil, didn't see much of this one but would have expected more goals? I guess they won anyhow. AC eventually beat Fenerbahce 3-1 with two late goals, and Rangers beat Porto 3-2 in a great result! Shocks of the night include 'Los Galacticos' being hammered 3-0 by Houiller's Lyon side.

So, thoughts?
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:08
Regular
What did Ferguson do to him?
Wed 14/09/05 at 20:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I can see Forlan having a good game to stick 2 fingers up at Fergie.
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
JFH wrote:
> Villareal, I think. Tough, but Man U should still win.

Looks like Riquelme is out, too. Still, I wouldn't underestimate Forlan and Figueroa/José Mari. They're a very good side.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:41
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> Lipe wrote:
> Rangers won 3-2. Fouled the keeper for the 3rd.
>
> Incorrect. They "fouled" the keeper for the 2nd, if jumping
> with the keeper in a fair contest is a foul.

Ah yeah my bad, 2nd it was. I consider it a foul because I saw the Ranger's guy push Baia's left hand. He had every right to jump for the ball but not to push Baia's hand out of the way.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Lipe wrote:
> Rangers won 3-2. Fouled the keeper for the 3rd.

Incorrect. They "fouled" the keeper for the 2nd, if jumping with the keeper in a fair contest is a foul.

Keepers get far too much leniency, and Vitor Baia is about 6'2" anyway, so he doesn't need the referee helping him out in a situation like that.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:20
Regular
Yeh but did you actually go there and see the game live!!??
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh, cause football matches only last 20 minutes....
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:32
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Ant wrote:
> Indeed, although the way Arsenal played at the weekend, you never
> know...
>

Did you see the first 20 mins
Wed 14/09/05 at 09:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I hated watching this game. The level of play acting was disgusting.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:16
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Sissoko gave the ball away more than anyone else tonight, with Traore close behind. We need Warnock and Finnan back with Carra and Hyypia in the middle. And not starting with Stevie was retarded.

Good to see Luis G playing well though, he was actually working for the ball tonight. Crouch looked good too, and Zenden is more dedicated than most.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.