GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You may want to know"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 19:30
Regular
I was cleaning my draw today when I noticed £20 of HMV (or Waterstones, but, pfft) vouchers from last Christmas and decided to go and SPEND, SPEND, SPEND.

Basically HMV seem to have some very good deals on at the minute that won't leave you strapped for cash.

The deal itself is the buy 3 DVDs for £20, although deals like this happen all the time it has some good titles. I bought the Godfather : Part 1, Open Water and House of Flying Daggers.

I decided to go for Open Water as it's relatively new and I enjoyed it, and I went for HOFD simply because I like martial arts based films and it looks to be a good-'un.

Other titles included things such as Anchorman and Happy Gilmore.

I also picked up Ninja Gaiden for the £20 Classic price and am now just fighting the boss Dynamo. (XBM's comment of 'bstard-hard' springs to mind)

And

The Mirror are now (and for the next 14 days) giving away a Brit comedy classic every day of the week, the actual ree in the paper rather than the annoying send away for.

Should you wonder what today's was, it was two episodes of Only Fools and Horses. Tomorrow is One foot in the Grave and another show.

Some examples of what's till to come are Yes, Minister, Steptoe and Son and Porridge
Sun 18/09/05 at 19:32
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
*Hums Jaws theme*
Sun 18/09/05 at 19:29
Regular
Mystique wrote:

> And Godfather. Not Godfather "part 1" tsk.

I'm going on what the box says, and that's 'The Godfather'

After all, things that are first in the series don't call themselves something like 'Jaws 1' and going back and dubbing them with numbers isn't the original context

n00b :P
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:24
Regular
"0228"
That could have something to do with the fact that everything > Gilmore Girls.
Sun 18/09/05 at 17:22
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Happy Gilmore > anything else with the word 'Gilmore' in it.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:39
Regular
"You've upset me"
JFH wrote:
> 2 for £12

Same offer on CD's. Some well worth a look.

*has just bought Devils & Dust and Bluetones Singles for £12*

Excellent.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:29
Regular
Memorandum! wrote:
> "drawer"
> why does no-one seem to know this?

And Godfather. Not Godfather "part 1" tsk.

Pikeys.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:26
Regular
"0228"
On the subject of good DVD offers, Play.com have a good 2 for £12 thing going on. The films are all priced £7.99 individually and there are some good titles: Anchorman, Scarface, Citizen Kane (2 disc edition), Mallrats, and Dodgeball to name a few.

However, the system allows you take 3 of the DVDs for £18 instead of £19.99 so you don't have to buy in multiples of 2 to get money off. Worth a look.
Mon 12/09/05 at 21:28
Regular
I still haven't had a chance to see it yet.
Mon 12/09/05 at 21:28
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Brit Comedy owns.

HoftFD = good choice.
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:19
Regular
I'm working my way through reasonably steadily. I've just beaten the Tentacle boss and the Red Fiends on the second attempt.

The save points were a little sparse, which was slightly unfortunate. I liked the level simply because I found the 'hidden' Xbox symbol, whooped some ass with Nunchukas and played around with the Windmill Shuriken.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.