GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who's this Mercury Music person...?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 17:15
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No, not that emo-looking whingey guy who won the overall prize...

I saw the awards thing on TV last night and there was one artsit / group who played folky kinda stuff and were from Cornwall / Devon area... I canna remember their name though and searching google just brings up stuff about the afore-mentioned emo bloke who annoyed the hell out of me when he played a song. Anyone knows the arttist / band t'would be appreciated as the live song the guy did was pretty good I thought.

Chars.
Sat 10/09/05 at 17:15
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
No, not that emo-looking whingey guy who won the overall prize...

I saw the awards thing on TV last night and there was one artsit / group who played folky kinda stuff and were from Cornwall / Devon area... I canna remember their name though and searching google just brings up stuff about the afore-mentioned emo bloke who annoyed the hell out of me when he played a song. Anyone knows the arttist / band t'would be appreciated as the live song the guy did was pretty good I thought.

Chars.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seth Lakeman and the album is Kitty Jay
Sat 10/09/05 at 20:23
Regular
Antony isn't an emo guy lol, he's like a 35 year old transsexual. Not your average My Chemical Romance scenester.
Sat 10/09/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Well, he had the whole jet black, 'windswept' hair look... And his whiny singing annoyed the hell outta me.

That Seth blokey seemed pretty good though. May look for some MP3's to see if the album is worth a purchase.
Sat 10/09/05 at 20:52
Regular
'The Bold Knight' is a particurlarly good Seth Lakeman song.
Sat 10/09/05 at 21:09
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Well, he had the whole jet black, 'windswept' hair look... And his
> whiny singing annoyed the hell outta me.
>
>

Antony and the Johnsons was the only album on that list that ever deserved a prize. Some of the others make decent enouigh CDs but not 12 of the best from the year?

Ther album is beautiful and chillingly spiritual.
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:50
Regular
"Catch it!"
Polar Bear do you mean the ones that do instrumental music?
Sun 11/09/05 at 12:04
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Nah, that Seth blokey mentioned by others. Polar Bear had the drummer with crazy hair and the guy playing with a controller on his laptop didn't they...? Strange...

Based on his live performance, I don't think Anthony & the Johnsons deserved any award... I thought they were awful... But each to their own.
Sun 11/09/05 at 12:59
Regular
Asher wrote:
> Antony and the Johnsons was the only album on that list that ever
> deserved a prize. Some of the others make decent enouigh CDs but not
> 12 of the best from the year?

Maximo Park also deserved to win. Amazing album.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.