GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Buyrates"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 21:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Credit: Rajah.com

Backlash 273,000
Judgment Day 236,220
ECW One Night Stand 268,264
Great American Bash 233,233
Vengeance 320,232

Vengeance outselling ECW by over 50000!!!???

Great American Bash is unsurprising though.
Wed 07/09/05 at 21:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Credit: Rajah.com

Backlash 273,000
Judgment Day 236,220
ECW One Night Stand 268,264
Great American Bash 233,233
Vengeance 320,232

Vengeance outselling ECW by over 50000!!!???

Great American Bash is unsurprising though.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Smedlos wrote:
> Vengeance outselling ECW by over 50000!!!???

Yup a PPV with huge build up and a card to actually promote against a PPV that fans were put off buying because of WWE involvement, didn't even tell us a card unless you went on the net to find out and a couple weeks of promotion. It's shocking it was outsold.

*goes to check the DVD sales*
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
To be honest, the ECW market WWE had available to them is far, far smaller than the WWE one. The fact that One Night Stand sold so well is a huge achievement, really, and the proportion of WWE viewers (past and present) that bought Vengeance is much smaller than the proportion of ECW fans (or thise just mildly intrigued) who bought ONS.

And as Kawada rightly points out, the differences in promotion for the two of them were utterly unreal.

In hard numbers, Vengeance beat ONS, but I'd say ONS was a greater success overall.

Even so, I don't think I'd touch the franchise again, personally. ONS was a perfect send-off (even with the WWE interruptions - to be honest, it did highlight the anti-WWE/WCW sentiments of the fed very well), I don't see any need to keep flogging a now truly dead horse.
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:14
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jim of Honor wrote:
> In hard numbers, Vengeance beat ONS, but I'd say ONS was a greater
> success overall.

Indeed, think of the production values for Vengeance for ONS, putting on Vengeance would be far more expensive than ONS plus all the money spent on advertising. I'd say ONS probably made more money even with the smaller buyrate, and definitely so with the DVD sales when the fans realised Vince actually kept somewhat of a distance away from it and just let Heyman do his thing because i know i was put off about the WWE involvement
Wed 07/09/05 at 22:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jim of Honor wrote:
> Even so, I don't think I'd touch the franchise again, personally.
> ONS was a perfect send-off (even with the WWE interruptions - to be
> honest, it did highlight the anti-WWE/WCW sentiments of the fed very
> well), I don't see any need to keep flogging a now truly dead horse.

I'd agree with that, unless Heyman actually brings it back proper ONS was the perfect standoff, if only for two spots in the PPV - Heyman's shoot and the fan spitting beer at Bischoff, nothing sums up the rebellious F-you attitude of ECW better

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.