GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My breakthrough game idea"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 17:48
Regular
My game will be called virtua gym.
The basic idea is to quieten those fools who say kiddies are fat because of games. In this game there is a program which takes your details, height, weight, age, etc.. and uses these details to give you a personalised fitness regime. Now when you buy the game you also get the basic fitness peripherals, dumb bells, a little cycle etc.. However you will also be give a series of sensory equipment, these will monitor heart rate and calories burned in the work out which you are participating in. These sensors will also act as a workout themselves, this is because the movement detected by the sensors will generate a specific activity on the screen, for example moving your arms out and in will start the rowing machine exercise, this can break into a tournament where you will compete in a rowing competition against the computer, or indeed using its online capabilities against a fellow human, there will be an animated progress screen showing your position in the race and your current speed. Using the little cycle you can do the same as the rowing, but you will be participating in a cycling race. I will also release a bonus disc which will be packed full of memorable sporting events, such as the oxford and cambridge boat race, and using the sensors while running on the spot allows you to take part in the London marathon and such like. Basically the program will allow you to take part in almost any activity in the comfort of your home, without the boredom of the gym. The game will retail at £99.99 and will improve the fitness of gamers everywhere.
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My game will be called virtua gym.
The basic idea is to quieten those fools who say kiddies are fat because of games. In this game there is a program which takes your details, height, weight, age, etc.. and uses these details to give you a personalised fitness regime. Now when you buy the game you also get the basic fitness peripherals, dumb bells, a little cycle etc.. However you will also be give a series of sensory equipment, these will monitor heart rate and calories burned in the work out which you are participating in. These sensors will also act as a workout themselves, this is because the movement detected by the sensors will generate a specific activity on the screen, for example moving your arms out and in will start the rowing machine exercise, this can break into a tournament where you will compete in a rowing competition against the computer, or indeed using its online capabilities against a fellow human, there will be an animated progress screen showing your position in the race and your current speed. Using the little cycle you can do the same as the rowing, but you will be participating in a cycling race. I will also release a bonus disc which will be packed full of memorable sporting events, such as the oxford and cambridge boat race, and using the sensors while running on the spot allows you to take part in the London marathon and such like. Basically the program will allow you to take part in almost any activity in the comfort of your home, without the boredom of the gym. The game will retail at £99.99 and will improve the fitness of gamers everywhere.
Thu 07/06/01 at 21:50
What would the point be?
The person might as well join a gym, it is a lazy persons gym!
Thu 07/06/01 at 21:53
Regular
"You've upset me"
Err... right Cookie...
Fri 08/06/01 at 09:10
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I think there is already a game similar to this on sale or in development in Japan. I seem to recall seeing it at a show, maybe E3. Anyway it basically involves using one of those dance mat things to walk around the world as it is inside the game. You are shown how many calories you have lost and are rewarded by virtual sweets. This game may just be a joke or a warped Japanese fitness regime but whatever it is it will definetely not be released here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.