GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extermination - out now?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 15:11
Regular
Just got this in an e-mail from Sony. It's from the UK list, and so should be the UK launch date... is it out today?

-----

The U.S. Government has announced the discovery of a new and highly destructive PlayStation® virus. It has not as yet been found amongst the population at large but can be expected soon. Our sources lead us to believe that June 6th is the most likely day of release.

It is imperative that all military personnel and PlayStation®2 owners familiarise themselves with this extraterrestrial source of infection.

Further details can be found at http://www.scee.com/extermination

A quick identification and education guide in the form of a screen saver can and should be downloaded.

No one should underestimate the virulence of this infection and all efforts should be made to both prevent further contamination and to spread awareness of this virus.

Your complete attention and compliance is mandatory.
Wed 06/06/01 at 15:11
"High polygon count"
Just got this in an e-mail from Sony. It's from the UK list, and so should be the UK launch date... is it out today?

-----

The U.S. Government has announced the discovery of a new and highly destructive PlayStation® virus. It has not as yet been found amongst the population at large but can be expected soon. Our sources lead us to believe that June 6th is the most likely day of release.

It is imperative that all military personnel and PlayStation®2 owners familiarise themselves with this extraterrestrial source of infection.

Further details can be found at http://www.scee.com/extermination

A quick identification and education guide in the form of a screen saver can and should be downloaded.

No one should underestimate the virulence of this infection and all efforts should be made to both prevent further contamination and to spread awareness of this virus.

Your complete attention and compliance is mandatory.
Wed 06/06/01 at 16:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
>Just got this in an e-mail from Sony. It's from the UK >list, and so should be the UK launch date... is it out >today?

Just checked on the SR site and it says release date of 8th June!

I got the same message from Sony and thought it was an actual virus warning (until I read the rest of the contents) especially as I am at work :-)

Still good publicity and makes you think about buying it.
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:31
"High polygon count"
Yeah, I thought it was 8th June (Friday) too... a Wednesday does seem odd.

The '6th June' part is probably a typo! The mail was probably hurriedly copied from a hand-written note by a trainee at Sony HQ! :-)
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:04
Regular
It's not out, but I played it on Monday in Curries, good game, I promptly headed for Game to pre-order!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
I got the same message this morning and as gullable as I am thought also that is was an actual warning - Still cant wait to get my copy!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Where do you sign up to get the email newsletters from Sony?

Has anyone got there copy of Extermination yet. I hopefully will get it in the post tommorow.
Thu 07/06/01 at 10:04
"High polygon count"
I don't actually remember ever signing up for one. I think they got my e-mail address from the registration cards I've sent in.
Thu 07/06/01 at 10:30
Regular
I registered on Sony's site. www.scee.com, in the top right hand corner are 4 little boxes, the third one along is register, that way you can also acess the registered users section of the site.
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Is the registered user site any good?
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:10
Regular
Nope, it basically just gives you acess to a modified site map and a few extra things about the PSOne

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.