GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Printer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 16:07
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Hey does anyone know what i have to do to get my printer to print the right colours!?!?

On the screen it is a light blue, and then when printed it is more of a greyish colour.

There are brand new inks in and i have done the utilities and it still does it!

Does anyone know

Thanks if you answer :)
Fri 02/09/05 at 20:22
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I am wondering whether there could be an ink blockage? It seems the blue isnt coming out properly...is that common?
Fri 02/09/05 at 20:01
Regular
"NULL"
Printer head might need cleaning. Should be an option in your printer software to do this.
Fri 02/09/05 at 19:34
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Nah its just the blue for some reason...i put the new ink in...it worked for a couple and then it started printing like a grey/light purple coulour instead of light blue :(
Fri 02/09/05 at 17:08
Is it just the blue or is it all the colours? It may sound simple but check you're printing in colour and not black and white!
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:49
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
The Wardy wrote:
> Tyla wrote:
> I assume you have calibrated your monitor's colour profile?
>
> Eh? Whassat?

What your monitor displays compared to what your printer produces are two totally different things. the only way you can get anywhere cloase is by using something like Adobe Photoshops Screen Gammut Calibration. Some monitors coe with tools too to do this.
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:33
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The Wardy wrote:
> I havent changed any of the settings since the last time i used it so
> it should stay the same shouldnt it?

Yes it should, but that doesn't mean that the settings weren't causing it.
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Tyla wrote:
> I assume you have calibrated your monitor's colour profile?

Eh? Whassat?
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:29
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Twain wrote:
> Check that you haven't got any special effects set for the printer,
> like brightness, contrast, saturation etc. Some printers let you do
> that.

I havent changed any of the settings since the last time i used it so it should stay the same shouldnt it?
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:25
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
I assume you have calibrated your monitor's colour profile?
Fri 02/09/05 at 16:14
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Check that you haven't got any special effects set for the printer, like brightness, contrast, saturation etc. Some printers let you do that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.