GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evolution 4 - Update Disk?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Thu 14/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Does anyone know if their will be an update disk released and also how much do they normally cost?
Thu 14/10/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Does anyone know if their will be an update disk released and also how much do they normally cost?
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:38
Regular
There is probably going to be one released by codejunkies like the one they released for PES2 and 3. Its probably going to be no less than £10.
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I'd say your money would be better spent getting a max drive or xport and downloading the update files from the internet, get better updates and more of them from the web.
Thu 14/10/04 at 14:59
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
AliBoy wrote:
> I'd say your money would be better spent getting a max drive or xport
> and downloading the update files from the internet, get better
> updates and more of them from the web.

I'm probably going to sound stupid saying this but what exactly is a Max Drive or an Xport?
Thu 14/10/04 at 15:28
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Max drive is a small usb drive that comes with software to install it onto your PC and a disk that transfers files from your PC onto your PS2 memory card (Through your PS2 - runs like a game)

You download the file, put it on the max drive then plug the max drive into your PS2 and load up the software and transfer it onto your memory card.

Xport is a similar device but works a bit differently I believe.

Also allow you to put your save on your PC to free up card space for older games.. and to share your pro evo goals etc.

I just ordered a max drive for £9.99 from a well known DVD site, sr don't seem to sell them.
Thu 14/10/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
yeah but do you just upload it on your memory card then it's automatically on the game or what?
Thu 14/10/04 at 16:50
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The update that you download, and the ones from the disks you buy just updates the options file for the game, just like a normal game save that loads up when the game starts.

It really is simple.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:46
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
AliBoy wrote:
> The update that you download, and the ones from the disks you buy just
> updates the options file for the game, just like a normal game save
> that loads up when the game starts.
>
> It really is simple.

Oh right, thanks alot for all your help, much appreciated.
Fri 15/10/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I see on GamesFAQs that there are two extra files I would like to download, does it allow you to save two files, or would you download one and then download another over righting the recent file?
Fri 15/10/04 at 12:48
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I would guess that they would overwrite each other with the one loaded last being the one the game uses but I've never tried it with two files so could be wrong.

Think you just need to download a few and see which ones you think are best.
Quite like the one from the PESFan forums although there are usually quite a few ones with different looking kits etc.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.