GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo 2 Leaked!!!1111"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Thu 14/10/04 at 17:46
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3743110.stm[/URL]

F***tards. This applies to EVERY game that somehow gets on the net, but seriously, if the most anticipated game of the year (or one of) gets to be leaked a month before release, there's no hope is there?
Sun 17/10/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'd be quite chuffed if I worked for a games company, and the game was wanted so badly that someone is willing to risk sing-sing to get a copy of it.
Sun 17/10/04 at 10:57
Regular
"Once isn't enough!"
Fair comments, and I agree it must be disheartening to see all that effort being spread for free on the Internet. However, it's sad to say but these days it has to be expected, and they know it.

It's a tough world out there, and at the end of the day a business is out there to do one thing...make money. When the money is rolling in, it's easy to keep on making games because they love it and want to share their experience. However, if that money stops rolling in, they sure as hell won't keep on creating games just because they love it. At the end of the day, it all does come down to the money.

Anyways...on release day they'll be getting a bit of my money that's for sure!
Sat 16/10/04 at 17:42
Aftershock wrote:

> Why would you be peeved? It won't change the release date or price
> that's for sure! If it's out of jealousy for those that are sat
> there playing it now, don't be...just savour the moment like the rest
> of us law-abiding gamers :o)

No, it's none of those things; it probably won't even affect that many sales, seeing as the online experience is disabled. Oh, and the copy is in French. It's because it's incredibly disheartening for Bungie, and all those who have worked on the game for the past 3 years (more if you count the foundations of Halo into it) to see a copy on the net.

Think about it: you spend most of your time slaving away, making sure everything you work on s the best it can be. You do this for years, then one day it's finally finished. What a feeling! But... what's this... a few days later your game is on the internet???

You may ask why I care; we pay money for them to make games, right? Of course, but they are not doing it purely for the money - if that were the case, I'm sure they'd be more than well qualified to take up better paid jobs at banks (though royalties for Bungie may prove it wrong). They're making games not only because they love doing so, but they want to share th experience, allow everyone else to play what they've created, and be entertained while doing so. Never forget that.
Sat 16/10/04 at 14:56
Regular
"Once isn't enough!"
lcarus wrote:
> Yeah, though in my defence I only just heard about it. I'm right to be
> peeved.

Why would you be peeved? It won't change the release date or price that's for sure! If it's out of jealousy for those that are sat there playing it now, don't be...just savour the moment like the rest of us law-abiding gamers :o)
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:20
Regular
"\\"
Damn right.
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:19
Yeah, I'm trying to inject some humour into yours but I can't find any gaps... well plugged.
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:14
Regular
"\\"
I'm presuming you mean thebestbit's comment :P
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:12
Haha, I have a good joke for that comment...
Thu 14/10/04 at 19:12
Regular
"\\"
*breaks down into tears*

I mean... My xbox isn't chipped. I'm gutted.
Thu 14/10/04 at 18:16
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
always happens now days..theres nothing that cant be leaked out early.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.