GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bigger game or better graphics?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 18:36
Regular
What would you most like to see?
I think it would be great if a company made a game with 16bit graphics but make it enormous.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:36
Regular
What would you most like to see?
I think it would be great if a company made a game with 16bit graphics but make it enormous.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:37
Regular
It would be even better if the made the same game with 128 bit graphics.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
Yeh but they could make the game have lower graphics but use the rest of the space so it can be longer and bigger , and when I say bigger I mean bigger than anything else ever.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Legendary Link wrote:
> What would you most like to see?
I think it would be great if a
> company made a game with 16bit graphics but make it enormous.

I think a mix between the two. A bigger game would be great but I wouldn't want it at the expense of having to have
16-bit graphics. Nobody would buy a 16-bit game on PS2 or Dreamcast anyway. They'd look at the box and think "yeah, right". Graphics are important to me when choosing a game or reading a preview. Most of the time, if the game has great graphics then the developers have usually put in the effort to make good gameplay as well. I know this isn't always the case but a game with great graphics gives a good first impreesion. I know gameplay is the most important thing but I couldn't buy a game with 16-bit graphics for a 128-bit console. It would just seem like a step in the wrong direction.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:44
Regular
I suppose they could do somthin like just fit a load of old classic 16bit games on to one CD.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:47
The mega rive a wonderful thing...

The graphics are cool, the games are great i love my mega drive...

Sorry sucked into a Time_warp...
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:48
Regular
Yeh, or they could have a playstation greatest hits cd for the PS2, it could have about 4-5 games on it.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:49
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Batistuta wrote:
> I suppose they could do somthin like just fit a load of old classic
> 16bit games on to one CD.

They already did that with Midway classics volumes 1 & 2. They were met with great enthusiasm as magazines awarded the games around the 30% mark. They probably didn't sell too well either which is why companies aren't going to ever make a very, very, very large 16-bit game.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:50
Regular
Don't worry Time-Warp I love my SNES although i have a 64.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Legendary Link wrote:
> Yeh, or they could have a playstation greatest hits cd for the PS2,
> it could have about 4-5 games on it.

What do you mean by greatest hits. Pong , Parrapa the Rappa, the one were you play as a beach ball (that was so addictive by the way), tomb raider and tekken 1. I don't think 5 metal gear solids or Gran turismos (or games ov equal sizes) would fit on a single PS2 disc. Oh well who knows. If they could then make a comeback.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.