GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New national stadium location"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 16:42
Regular
Should it be in London, Birmingham or Manchester ?.

What should the capacity be ?.

Should it be football only or multipurpose (ie, Athletics etc) ?.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:42
Should it be in London, Birmingham or Manchester ?.

What should the capacity be ?.

Should it be football only or multipurpose (ie, Athletics etc) ?.
Tue 05/06/01 at 16:58
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I heard that it could be based in the new Everton Stadium being built in the liverpool docks for 2004. This would house about 50,000 but the english FA is meant to be ready to pay about 10 million for it to be expanded to 70,000.
Tue 05/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think it should remain in London, where Wembley once stood. Capacity should be increased to 100,000 making it one of the biggest stadiums in the world and it should be a multi purpose built venue meaning we could be equipped for just about every major sporting event!!
Tue 05/06/01 at 20:30
Regular
Everything is so expensive though in London and the traffic is mad. Maybe they could build it up north as it would be much cheaper and so would able to have more room for a bigger staduim. Surely the creaters of football should have the biggest and best staduim in the world.
Wed 06/06/01 at 11:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
They should put the national stadium in the middle of nowhere so it is easy to access.
Wed 06/06/01 at 12:25
Regular
The FA should ecant to hampden and enjoy the luxury of the facilities on offer in the only stadium in the world to be given a 5 star FIFA ranking. Maybe then you will realise that £65 million is more than enough to spend on a national stadium!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 13:27
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Grandprix wrote:
>They should put the national stadium in the middle of >nowhere so it is easy to access.

I'd agree with putting it in the middle of nowhere but how about North London, outside the M25?
Wed 06/06/01 at 14:04
Grandprix wrote:
> They should put the national stadium in the middle of > nowhere so it is easy to access.

Impeccable Logic, would this be the middle of Nowhere that had no Buses, Trains or Electricity!

I don't think it matters where they build really as long as it isn't Manchester, they don't need another excuse to be unbearably smug. Somewhere between London and the Midlands would be best. How about knocking down Milton Keynes and putting it there.
Wed 06/06/01 at 14:33
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
That is exactly what I am saying. That way they can start with a clean slate and make the stadium the way they want it to be.
Wed 06/06/01 at 17:04
Yes, but building where there is already an established Transport infrastructure will make it cheaper and easier to build. More Money saved means bigger bonuses for the FA chiefs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.