GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Thinking of getting an Xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/10/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As the title says i'm considering getting an Xbox so to make my decision for me i was just wondering could someone give me a list of good RPG's (only turned based and strategy, none of this repetitive live action crap) and good FPS (preferably stealthy type games and not *run into room, kill 20 guys while taking 300 hits and repeat*) and also a list of good games that are online.

Plus is it true with Xbox Live you can play people anywhere in the world and not just Europe?

Thank you
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As the title says i'm considering getting an Xbox so to make my decision for me i was just wondering could someone give me a list of good RPG's (only turned based and strategy, none of this repetitive live action crap) and good FPS (preferably stealthy type games and not *run into room, kill 20 guys while taking 300 hits and repeat*) and also a list of good games that are online.

Plus is it true with Xbox Live you can play people anywhere in the world and not just Europe?

Thank you
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
"\\"
You can play anyone in the world yes ;-)*

RPGs : Fable, KOTOR are the two that spring to mind for me, but I don't follow RPGs much.
FPS : R63/BA would fit your criteria for a FPS you're after.

*everyone else will be American though, therefore meaning they're not worth playing... Best to only play Brits :P**

**They can be nobs aswell though ;).
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Most online people are though to be fair (going by my experiences with Socom and Counter-Strike)

I was asking about that so i could hopefully give the Japanese a game. Would help me with my Japanese playing against them
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:38
Regular
"\\"
Japanese arn't exactly an Xbox nation. Doubt you'll see any, I havn't :P
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oh yea that's true, forgot about that
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:43
Regular
In terms of stealth, you might want Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. I just got it with a good Xbox live deal. Had never played Splinter Cell before, and didn't know if i'd be into this stealth business but I must say it is damn good.
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:45
Regular
"\\"
I wouldn't recommend SC:PT though.
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Already played it on the PS2, preferred the original
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:52
I played some Japanese folk just now. Was most interesting.
Sun 17/10/04 at 21:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In what way Icarus?

(could have done the poor *How so* joke but nah :-D)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.