GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The one and only, I'm not buying one at launch because it's a ripoff thread :D"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/08/05 at 17:44
Regular
Too expensive and the games are a ripoff, anyway...

There's still a lot of games coming on Xbox that are gonna be worth a a look. Add to this list if you can think of anything...

Ghost Recon 2 : Summit Strike
Fable : The Lost Chapters
Far Cry : Instincts
Brother in Arms : Earned in blood
Halflife 2
Rainbow Six : Lockdown
Call of Duty : Big red one
Commandos : Strike Force
Hitman Blood Money
Conflict : Global Terror
Doom 3 : Ressurection of Evil
Serious Sam 2
Star Wars : Battlefront 2
Burnout Revenge
Pro Evo 5
Prince of Persia 3
The Suffering : Ties that bind
Starcraft Ghost
Farenheit
SSX 4
Darkwatch
Tim Burtons Nightmare before Christmas : Oogie's Revenge (and what?)

Enough gaming there to keep me going well into the next century and beyond.
Thu 18/08/05 at 17:44
Regular
Too expensive and the games are a ripoff, anyway...

There's still a lot of games coming on Xbox that are gonna be worth a a look. Add to this list if you can think of anything...

Ghost Recon 2 : Summit Strike
Fable : The Lost Chapters
Far Cry : Instincts
Brother in Arms : Earned in blood
Halflife 2
Rainbow Six : Lockdown
Call of Duty : Big red one
Commandos : Strike Force
Hitman Blood Money
Conflict : Global Terror
Doom 3 : Ressurection of Evil
Serious Sam 2
Star Wars : Battlefront 2
Burnout Revenge
Pro Evo 5
Prince of Persia 3
The Suffering : Ties that bind
Starcraft Ghost
Farenheit
SSX 4
Darkwatch
Tim Burtons Nightmare before Christmas : Oogie's Revenge (and what?)

Enough gaming there to keep me going well into the next century and beyond.
Thu 18/08/05 at 17:49
Regular
"8==="
I'm coming round to the diea of waiting a while too.

Afterall I already have Live and 20/30 titles to play through without getting anything more, and as you say there's a large amount of good stuff on xbox yet.

Also I've yet to get Resi 4 or Pikmin and I think I'd enjoy the X-men 'RPG/Slasher' since it;s about 10 quid now. :)

What's the cheapest anyone's seen Resi 4 at anyway? I found on for 26.99 but I think I could do better. Not going to quibble over a 5 quid difference though since the game's obviously worth it.
Thu 18/08/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I'll be waiting till the price drops as well!
Is Need For Speed Most Wanted coming out for xbox as well?
Thu 18/08/05 at 19:35
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Oh and Heroes of the Pacific is coming out in September!
Thu 18/08/05 at 21:21
Regular
"gsybe you!"
God, what a lot of shooting.
Thu 18/08/05 at 23:33
Regular
I'm more excited about some of the current gen games due out over games like PGR3 and Perfect Dark Zero. Don't get me wrong- they are exciting. They just cost £300 more. And I'd probably rather have Blood Money over both of them anyway.
Fri 19/08/05 at 00:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I'm looking forward to Saints Row over everything else due out on X-Box, so I'll be getting one on launch day. Hopefully I'll be getting my PS2 back tomorrow, and if I do I'll be selling my X-Box to put some more money in the PSP fund.

:)
Fri 19/08/05 at 00:26
Regular
I know a guy working at Realtime Worlds and he said their game should be getting a press unveiling soon, which apparently is going to be the bees knees.

So far unannounced, or even being mentioned in the gaming press, but it looks like Dave Jones has them working on a GTA beater. He was the guy who started GTA in the first place, now he's making the game the PS1 wouldn't let him do :).
Fri 19/08/05 at 00:29
Regular
"8==="
I linked to that game about 4-6 months ago.

It goingto be GTA online and there's been a small amount of press about it: enough that I've seen it mentioned in 2 xbox mags and a scottish newpaper interview with the guy who made GTA (DMA design guy or something right?) and had something to do with Lemmings too.
Fri 19/08/05 at 00:48
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I linked to that game about 4-6 months ago.

I'll guarantee you didn't.

The press unveiling only happened this week, and wont be in mags or online until next month.

You would have linked to APB, which is being published by Webzen on PC and 360, this is a game for Microsoft by Realtime Worlds ;).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.