GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wot made Zelda, Zelda and was as good as everyone said it was?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/10/04 at 15:01
Regular
I was thinking last night how they made zelda a unique game, i mean sure it was a long tough challange but the graphic's wern't to good and the plot was stretched that made it anoyingly irritating, a bit like thinking this game isn't long enough lets add somthing on to it.
wot do you lot think?
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
xgamer wrote:
> Combat is awkward,

Oh deary me, what Zelda have you been playing?

> puzzles are too easy and appear too often.

Fair enough if you're talking about Wind Waker, but I would hardly say Majora's Mask's puzzles were EASY.

> And as for the plot... The least
> said the better.

The plot serves to give a meaning and direction to the gamplay. It's not a movie-type game like FFVII or MGS, it's a game-game, but you can't argue that turning into adult Link in OOT wasn't a great moment, because, frankly, it was.
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:47
Regular
The Zelda series is what Nintendo do when they are being serious. Pokemon is aimed almost soley at Children. Mario is always a silly little humerous game, Pikmin just tends to be funny... in fact the majority of Nintendo games are just funny little titles.

Zelda is not. Probably my only dissapointment in Wind Waker, because that was slightly silly. Zelda is Nintendo crafting a legend, not a silly game with little Pikmin chasing Looie, or Wario trying to make a game, or Mario slamming shells into his mates... it is a game as serious as Metroid Prime.

Nintendo try to have fun with what they create. But Zelda is just the essence of Nintendo's game making ability. And that is why it stands as one of the greatest franchises ever to have lived.
Mon 18/10/04 at 01:10
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Topham1988 wrote:
> Me and him were trying to find the best game on any console and i kept
> saying mario 64 and him saying zelda but in the end once i read you
> massege i realized niether were. There both not quite there.

You're comparing two of the very finest games ever made, they are both "there" in every possible sense. And while you may not regard the Zelda series as top notch, you have to at least acknowledge that that opinion puts you very much in the minority :0)
Sun 17/10/04 at 13:12
Regular
Topham1988 wrote:
> I'm afraid to say there are better games then the legend of zelda
> series.

Most people regard OOT and Majora's Mask as two of the best games ever.
Sun 17/10/04 at 11:38
Regular
xgamer wrote:
> In my opinion, Zelda is nothing special. Combat is awkward, puzzles
> are too easy and appear too often. And as for the plot... The least
> said the better. I would give it 6/10. And i'm not a fan
> boy. Before anyone says anything.

Oh dear lord no.
Sun 17/10/04 at 09:02
Regular
JFH wrote:
> Not much beats them though.

I'm afraid to say there are better games then the legend of zelda series.
Sat 16/10/04 at 21:40
Regular
"0228"
Not much beats them though.
Sat 16/10/04 at 21:37
Regular
The Legend of Zelda is still a quality videogames series. A Link to the Past is still my favourite game of all time. However, the games aren't impossible to match or beat.
Sat 16/10/04 at 21:34
Regular
You like Zelda i take it
Sat 16/10/04 at 21:18
Regular
xgamer wrote:
> In my opinion, Zelda is nothing special. Combat is awkward, puzzles
> are too easy and appear too often. And as for the plot... The least
> said the better. I would give it 6/10. And i'm not a fan
> boy. Before anyone says anything.

Haha.

Nope, you're not a fanboy, you just have crap taste in games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.