GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is going to be interesting"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/08/05 at 11:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4157892.stm[/URL]

Brazilian shot dead whilst fleeing from police wearing heavy jacket and vaulting the railings, apparently, did no such thing at all.
Leaked docs to ITV news from the investigation reveal, amongst other things:

"The latest documents suggest Mr de Menezes had walked into Stockwell Tube station, picked up a free newspaper, walked through ticket barriers, had started to run when he saw a train arriving and was sitting down in a train when he was shot."

Does anybody want to place money this will disappear from the news and not be discussed in the major media - as is the tacit agreement that means you don't hear about Iraq anymore with the daily bombs and attacks.
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4157892.stm[/URL]

Brazilian shot dead whilst fleeing from police wearing heavy jacket and vaulting the railings, apparently, did no such thing at all.
Leaked docs to ITV news from the investigation reveal, amongst other things:

"The latest documents suggest Mr de Menezes had walked into Stockwell Tube station, picked up a free newspaper, walked through ticket barriers, had started to run when he saw a train arriving and was sitting down in a train when he was shot."

Does anybody want to place money this will disappear from the news and not be discussed in the major media - as is the tacit agreement that means you don't hear about Iraq anymore with the daily bombs and attacks.
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:34
Regular
Don't mean to pose any offence towards the guy and their family.

But that story is old news now, in Media terms now anyway. It's second page material.

Just like Iraq, just like the Tsunami, just like the London bombings.

The media jump on something "new" like these events, but it soon trickles out of the spotlight when they get bored and move onto something else to play with.
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*8edit**

That's my point, it will quietly sink and nobody will give a 2nd thought to armed police randomly shooting a commuter 7 times in the head after restraining him because they thought he looked like somebody else.
And all the mouthbreathers will happily moo-moo and watch Big Brother/Pop Factor Idol Vote and expensive dramas about plane crashes.
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
To be honest, I don't think it will quietly sink because as we know journo's thrive on headline material.

The family of this poor guy have ordered a public inquiry into this murder and im sure the vultures and craving to find out the results of that so they can slap this onto their front page.

The fact that this leaked material describes a possible lie by the police to cover themselves up must mean that the public inquiry 'should' bring this out into the open which the media will have a field day with.

Heres hoping.
Wed 17/08/05 at 11:54
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
You can look at it in one of two ways, either as the death of one innocent man (a relatively small number compared to the 50+ murdered in the 7/7 bombings) or as a disgracefully random and unneccessary (sp?) shooting that threatens the rights and lives of thousands of Londoners. I choose to look at it the second way and really hope that there will be an investigation that gets to the bottom of this.
Wed 17/08/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Poor bloke

I knew there was something wrong with it from the moment I heard it. The policemen who shot him should be punished for this... and all the inital arguments of why they shot him are now invalid.
Wed 17/08/05 at 13:15
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Strangely, I find the attempt at covering up what happened almost as offensive as the shooting itself.

Had there been a straighforward "Sorry everyone' we *^&*ed up, and it's inexcusable. Here's what we're doing to stop it happening again", I would guess the majority of the country would have accepted it. But because of the misleading (lying) information given out, it'll stoke more outrage than it would've done otherwise.

Or at least, I hope it does.
Wed 17/08/05 at 15:53
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> And all the mouthbreathers will happily moo-moo and watch Big
> Brother/Pop Factor Idol Vote and expensive dramas about plane
> crashes.

Don't forget downbeat comedies starring Ricky Gervais.
Wed 17/08/05 at 22:01
Oops - main headline on BBC news at 10.
Unlucky!
Wed 17/08/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I posted a link to a news site (Times online I think?) a few weeks ago that had an article where the guys family reportedly said Scotland Yard told them he'd not vaulted barriers (said he'd used a rail card) and wasn't wearing a padded jacket but a denim one. Just like these leaked reports...

The story isn't new, there are a few additional details (ie. he was apparently restrained before they decided he posed an imminent threat and were forced to shoot him in the head eight times just to make sure he really was dead...), but it is interesting that most media didn't report these things until now, when this leak, that isn't easily ignored, appeared...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.