GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oi Turkey! Stop copying reviews!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 05/06/01 at 08:46
Regular
So it seems plaguerism rules again with the arrival of yet another idiot who thinks posting a review involves cutting and pasting from no less than 3 other reviews. Turkey if you are reading this, sort it out, not only did you copy half of my review you also stole some of Markrosman's and reffer's.

These were all reviews on the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi in case you were wondering. Not content with copying material Turkey was stupid enough to copy the most recent reviews so that it was blatantly obvious. Oh yeah and if that wasn't enough he stole my quite ingenious one liner: "It was released to good reviews and it was a very good game. A year on and it arrives on the PS2 more of a slightly batty mini-cab than a crazy taxi." Tony, can he be booted off for this?
Tue 05/06/01 at 08:46
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
So it seems plaguerism rules again with the arrival of yet another idiot who thinks posting a review involves cutting and pasting from no less than 3 other reviews. Turkey if you are reading this, sort it out, not only did you copy half of my review you also stole some of Markrosman's and reffer's.

These were all reviews on the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi in case you were wondering. Not content with copying material Turkey was stupid enough to copy the most recent reviews so that it was blatantly obvious. Oh yeah and if that wasn't enough he stole my quite ingenious one liner: "It was released to good reviews and it was a very good game. A year on and it arrives on the PS2 more of a slightly batty mini-cab than a crazy taxi." Tony, can he be booted off for this?
Tue 05/06/01 at 10:00
He should be. That's just the lowest of the low.
Tue 05/06/01 at 10:17
"High polygon count"
It would be nice if some code could be added behind the reviews section to check if a certain percentage of a new review matches previous ones - say if 5-10% of the words appear in the same order in previous entries for that particular title.

May not be too easy to do, but prevent cut & paste to a large extent.
Tue 05/06/01 at 10:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
But what about those of us that post moron comments along the same theme most times?

No!!!
Tue 05/06/01 at 10:21
"High polygon count"
Two birds, one stone...

:-)
Tue 05/06/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
*doh*
Tue 05/06/01 at 13:06
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
jd99 wrote:
> stole my quite ingenious one liner: "It was
> released to good reviews and it was a very good game. A year on and
> it arrives on the PS2 more of a slightly batty mini-cab than a crazy
> taxi."

That is just dumb!
Tue 05/06/01 at 15:27
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
cookie monster wrote:
> jd99 wrote:
> stole my quite ingenious one liner: "It
> was
> released to good reviews and it was a very good game. A
> year on and
> it arrives on the PS2 more of a slightly batty
> mini-cab than a crazy
> taxi."

That is just dumb!

It was a poor joke not a way of showing of my IQ. Sarcasm doesn't really show through with the written word does it?
Tue 05/06/01 at 15:51
Getting back 2 the topic at hand that boy should b kicked out. It is so out of order. I would never do anythin like that!
Tue 05/06/01 at 15:54
Regular
I think he was referring to the bloke stealing your line jd99... no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.