GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 30"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 19:43
Regular
If you're confused - FFF set SSC29 but then forget to judge it, so I asked Ant to judge it and make sure that I won, and he fufilled both duties with aplomb. So a big hand all round to Ant. That's right.

OK, rules, but I'm sure you all already know them:

-One entry per person

-As long as you like, I'm not fussed. Bend that 'short' definition all y'like.

-The closing date shall be 26nd August. At midnight. Although, again, I don't really care if it's posted at 12:34 or something. I'll still consider it if it's posted before I wake up the next day. Deal? Good stuff.

-The topic shall be Marine, and all things related. Y'know, like the ocean, shells, anchors, Popeye, stuff like that.

Go to it, people.

Edit: Closing date extended to 26th from 22nd

--

Huzzah, it's the 26nd!.First one of these I've judged, so I hope I don't muck up too badly. Started off slowly, but then we got the big-hitters bringing their stuff into play, which was good. There was a group of 5 I was considering for the top 3, which kept on switching as I watched the stories from afar. But I must decide, and I have. Think I've made the right decision, though. Here we go:

3rd: Rickoss - Another Tide Drowns Us

Really atmospheric, drew me into the story and left me feeling regretful for the character. I love any story that is involving like that.

2nd: Ant - Dolphinia

Made me feel nostalgic for books I haven't read in years. I thought it was really high-quality writing to create a story like that.

1st: Meka Dragon - Keep Taking Those Pills

A great idea, brilliant imagination, great little cast of pseudo-pirate villains and heart-warming at the end. Really enjoyed it, and I've been coming back quite a few times to read it again. So yeah, one of the best stories I've ever read in here.

So, er, there we go. Congratulations to Meka are in order, I believe.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:43
Regular
If you're confused - FFF set SSC29 but then forget to judge it, so I asked Ant to judge it and make sure that I won, and he fufilled both duties with aplomb. So a big hand all round to Ant. That's right.

OK, rules, but I'm sure you all already know them:

-One entry per person

-As long as you like, I'm not fussed. Bend that 'short' definition all y'like.

-The closing date shall be 26nd August. At midnight. Although, again, I don't really care if it's posted at 12:34 or something. I'll still consider it if it's posted before I wake up the next day. Deal? Good stuff.

-The topic shall be Marine, and all things related. Y'know, like the ocean, shells, anchors, Popeye, stuff like that.

Go to it, people.

Edit: Closing date extended to 26th from 22nd

--

Huzzah, it's the 26nd!.First one of these I've judged, so I hope I don't muck up too badly. Started off slowly, but then we got the big-hitters bringing their stuff into play, which was good. There was a group of 5 I was considering for the top 3, which kept on switching as I watched the stories from afar. But I must decide, and I have. Think I've made the right decision, though. Here we go:

3rd: Rickoss - Another Tide Drowns Us

Really atmospheric, drew me into the story and left me feeling regretful for the character. I love any story that is involving like that.

2nd: Ant - Dolphinia

Made me feel nostalgic for books I haven't read in years. I thought it was really high-quality writing to create a story like that.

1st: Meka Dragon - Keep Taking Those Pills

A great idea, brilliant imagination, great little cast of pseudo-pirate villains and heart-warming at the end. Really enjoyed it, and I've been coming back quite a few times to read it again. So yeah, one of the best stories I've ever read in here.

So, er, there we go. Congratulations to Meka are in order, I believe.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:59
"possibly impossible"
Marine...hm....
Thu 11/08/05 at 21:03
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Hoho. A matrix parody, methinks, i could get that "marine" in there somewhere...
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well going to start writing mine now its going to be very big.
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:45
Regular
"Divine Davine"
YAY \o/
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:52
Regular
"0228"
I might enter this. Would including Kilgore Trout cover the marine theme?
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:55
Regular
JFH wrote:
> I might enter this. Would including Kilgore Trout cover the marine
> theme?

I can imagine your story already.

It'll involve KT, smv and a few sea urchins.

;)

Anyway, looking forward to writing this.
Fri 12/08/05 at 16:56
Regular
A story about Kilgore Trout might already have been done, at some point in time, heh.

But one more can't hurt. Might not sell as many copies, mind.
Fri 12/08/05 at 17:01
Regular
"0228"
Can I illustrate it too?
Fri 12/08/05 at 17:03
Regular
Another adventure, smv style? I look forward to it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.