GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Revolution specs..?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/08/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
You've more then likly sread this somewhere already but...

Two 1.8ghz G5 based cpus
600mhz ATI gpu with 12mb onboard
128mb 1tsram
256mb dram

These specs came from What I hear are good sources, that where on the nail with 360 /PS3 info. If they are near the truth then it doesent sound that bad really (for the guts of it anyway). But one thing, if ATI have made that graphics part for consoles why isnt the 360 using it?
Thu 11/08/05 at 12:19
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
You've more then likly sread this somewhere already but...

Two 1.8ghz G5 based cpus
600mhz ATI gpu with 12mb onboard
128mb 1tsram
256mb dram

These specs came from What I hear are good sources, that where on the nail with 360 /PS3 info. If they are near the truth then it doesent sound that bad really (for the guts of it anyway). But one thing, if ATI have made that graphics part for consoles why isnt the 360 using it?
Thu 11/08/05 at 13:10
Regular
"-_-"
any official news links or sources for that information?
And ive always liked ati better than nvidia :D
Thu 11/08/05 at 13:11
Regular
"8==="
It's all about the games.
Thu 11/08/05 at 16:20
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's all about the games.

Agreed. I don't care about the specs of any console. That's not what you buy a console for. I'll make my judgement for my next console when i see some of the Rev's games, previews and reviews.
Thu 11/08/05 at 18:56
Regular
a lot of people do tho, hence the fastest most powerful games console in the world advertising of the N64.
Thu 11/08/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
ATI is doing the gfx for the xbox and Rev, but the reason they're different is they developed a new technique that is quite fancy, but they did it for Microsoft first, or some ballz like that, and so aren't allowed to use it for a competitor.

IBM are making the main chips for all of them, so they're all going to be reasonably similar.

So all in all, they're all gonna be pretty much the same, just different bells and whistles so who cares really. Get your Nintendo console for your Nintendo games like usual, and buy one of the others for the rest.

:)
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:15
Regular
Legendary Link wrote:
> a lot of people do tho, hence the fastest most powerful games console
> in the world advertising of the N64.

And it lost....

Nintendo will unveil the specs at the same time it unveils the games. I imagine the specs are rather naff but the games still look very next-generation. Hence the reason a spec sheet was not shown.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:42
Regular
Mario 64 was one of the biggest selling games of all time, people had to have an N64 to play it....... the console lost, that doesnt mean it did'nt sell.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:43
Regular
"8==="
It's like the Xbox now, it has the superior hardware yet it's 2nd but it's doing well and selling regardless.
Thu 11/08/05 at 19:45
Regular
yep, and if it was less powerful than the PS2, i'm sure it would'nt of sold at all, specs sell consoles.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.