GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
Well it seems there are plenty of people eagerly awaiting this console. So what 3 games are you waiting for on it the most ? :-)

My choices would be : Conker's 2
Rogue Squadron 2
Zelda

I think Nintendo have finally got the idea now. There are games on the way to suit everyone. I'm glad Perfect Dark is set to make a return too. The fighting in Zelda looks excellent, a lot more like a proper sword fight than games of its kind before it.

I think all Nintendo really need now is to sort things out with SquareSoft. If they manage to put the past behind them then Nintendo will have great powerhouse companies behind them in both SquareSoft and Rare. Plus of course they have many well known titles like the Mario and Pokemon series that will always sell. Lets hope we see Nintendo get back to where they were. I grew up on Nintendo consoles so I never want to see them end up like Sega.

I know Sega are far from dead because they are making what they are good at - games ! But Nintendo is a company that should be making consoles too because they are damn good at it. Its looking very bright for the Gamecube. I think this could possibly be down to the disappointment of the PS2. With Sega out of the console battle, this really leaves Microsoft to make an impression and it will be hard to repeat Sony's initial impact. Unless they accomplish this, I feel that the gaming public will stick to the brand they know.

Anyway, feel free to list your top 3 awaited Gamecube games :-)
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well it seems there are plenty of people eagerly awaiting this console. So what 3 games are you waiting for on it the most ? :-)

My choices would be : Conker's 2
Rogue Squadron 2
Zelda

I think Nintendo have finally got the idea now. There are games on the way to suit everyone. I'm glad Perfect Dark is set to make a return too. The fighting in Zelda looks excellent, a lot more like a proper sword fight than games of its kind before it.

I think all Nintendo really need now is to sort things out with SquareSoft. If they manage to put the past behind them then Nintendo will have great powerhouse companies behind them in both SquareSoft and Rare. Plus of course they have many well known titles like the Mario and Pokemon series that will always sell. Lets hope we see Nintendo get back to where they were. I grew up on Nintendo consoles so I never want to see them end up like Sega.

I know Sega are far from dead because they are making what they are good at - games ! But Nintendo is a company that should be making consoles too because they are damn good at it. Its looking very bright for the Gamecube. I think this could possibly be down to the disappointment of the PS2. With Sega out of the console battle, this really leaves Microsoft to make an impression and it will be hard to repeat Sony's initial impact. Unless they accomplish this, I feel that the gaming public will stick to the brand they know.

Anyway, feel free to list your top 3 awaited Gamecube games :-)
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:20
Regular
Mario, Metroid, Rogue 2.
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:25
Regular
"You've upset me"
Wave Race : Blue Storm
Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet and
Zelda
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:25
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Yeah, Metroid is a great title :-) I loved the SNES game. I bought it for my cousin too and we used to sit for hours playing it ;-))

I was hoping to see it on the N64, but it never happened. So to see it on Gamecube will be great :-)
It could also create more of a jaw dropping moment too. Because the last real step up we saw of it was on the SNES, so the jump will be from 16-bit to 128-bit ! :-)

Has to be said that leaves plenty of space to put out an excellent new Metroid game that will blow the old one away !
And with Nintendo waving their magic, its gonna be special :-)
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Wave Race : Blue Storm
Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet
> and
Zelda

I actually laughed when I saw Wave Race as a selection ;-))
Not cause its a bad game or anything, but it brought back a memory of when I played the original on the N64 with my friends and cousin for the first time. We were like "oooooooo, look at that water ! Excellent graphics !".

Mind you I also said that about the waterfall on the first Zelda game on the NES. I guess I'm just easily pleased
;-))
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:35
Good topic mate. The thing I like about the gamecube and nintendo in general is that it gets mysterious when releasing a console. They never announce all there games and keep it secret to make it that extra bit special on launch day. The gamecube is definitely looking massively good with the launch titles and more in the future.

And I will definitely wait for the Gamecube no question, but what will stop others buying the ps2 or Xbox on account of they come out first and ta a good price. So the Gamecube might be the best console but others might get tired of waiting and buy an Xbox at Christmas instead of purchasing a Gamecube at June/July when a lot of kids don’t have any money as they want to spend their money they received at xmas because saving money is boring. It is no problem for me as my birthday is in early July so if the Gamecube comes out in late June I’m fine or earlier, but of course these delays mean it will be released at an awkward time and they might not get record sales and be in a Dreamcast situation where it dies out too soon on account of the release date which was not too good but the DC is not dead until next march.

The biggest rival for Nintendo will be Microsoft this time around instead of Sony, which will be a competitor, but with the Xbox and Gamecube’s similar release date they will be the biggest rivals and it will be very close. If the price of the Gamecube is right then It will be fine, but if it doesn’t have a special speculation it could easily be beaten due to the power of the Xbox. With games like Wave race 128, Mario 128, and Zelda personally I don’t think Nintendo will have to much trouble with the competition this time and will live up to all expectations everyone expected. I am confident the Gamecube’s lifespan will be as big as ever and start a revolution for gaming altogether. Hopefully the delays will just sweeten the consoles performance and it will be a dream to play with and for a nice price everyone should be looking forward to this consoles launch.

The games I will most look for to get are:

mario GC- the plumber has returned in his kit to get stuck back in to the job as usual. The graphics look awesome and i simply cant wait.... because... IT'S MARIO!

star fox-dinosaur adventure: Looks brilliant and probably the best third person of all time that I have seen. the graphics are genius and the gameplay is too.... enough said!

luigis mansion: A nother plumber and this looks awesome. Basically from the clips i have seen it could be a postive mario beater.... nah! but still it is a mega title with some extreme graphics.

SO the gamecube is set to be the best console here with the best games around yet! MY whole love with nintendo is simly because most of their games have their very own genres and everyone is slightly more original in a new way!

Cheers

Time_Warp
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:41
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
The PS2 could and probably there is a fair chanceof this happening that it dies like the DC because it was released early and if they had waited to see what type of games, maybe add to it, and improve on what Sony had already created, and relese it maybe 3-4 months before the XBOX and GC.

Either the PS2 will die out and XBOX stays in and GC stays in the market.

Or...

The PS2 makes it through the GC sales and the XBOX plummets to its death.

Either way I honestly think that the GC will pull through on top, even if its just by one sale over the XBOX and PS2.
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:42
Regular
This console should be one of nintendos finest moments. i say this becasue nintendo know they are behind sony. they released the N64 not really considering that the playstation would beat it, but hopefully now they have realised that this console will have to much much better to compete.
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:43
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Oh yeah an anwer to the original post I am definately looking forward to what you said Conker 2 and Zelda because the prquels are two of my favourite games, and probably another PD game After Dark!

Also Luigi's Mansion looks good too!
Mon 04/06/01 at 20:46
Regular
i dunno about luigi's mansion. Looks a bit silly, sure the graphics look amazing. But the whole idea of chasing ghosts around with a vacuum......

I'm looking forward to the PD sequel,SSX, and Eternal darkness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.