GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"British actors and directors."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 04/06/01 at 18:35
Regular
Actors have developed greately in Britain over the past few years. Many successful actors and actresses have even made it to Hollywood were they have found fame and fortune.

A good example of a good British actor is Anthony Hopkins, he is world famous for his role of Hannibal Lector in 'Silence of the Lambs' and 'Hannibal'. He is now living in America enjoying his fortune and populatity worldwide.

Directors have also became outstanding, many British directors pften move to America to seek fortune, as they search for a good movie that could be directed.

Ridley Scott our British hero, is probably the best example of a great British director. Over the years he has worked with people like Harrison Ford (Blade Runner), Russell Crowe (Gladiator) and Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal).

There might not be many good British films being released lately, but I think this is because we are not well known for spending millions of pounds on movies.

If we are not well known for our films, then atleast we are well known for our great actors, actresses and directors.
Fri 22/06/01 at 21:20
This is discrimination just because a person is Welsh you think he cant act! Anthony Hopkins is English just like you and me, I think he is great and it is because of people like you why he moved to America.
Wed 20/06/01 at 18:10
Mewtwo wrote:
> Anthony Hopkins is WELSH, you know from WALES. The only people from
> Wales that I would be Proud to Call British/English etc are HELEN
> from big brother and possably the Manic Street Preachers - If they
> stop relesing Crap songs like Ocean Spray and Why So Sad.

Whats wrong with welsh peolpe the, there still English.
Mon 18/06/01 at 21:31
Anthony Hopkins is WELSH, you know from WALES. The only people from Wales that I would be Proud to Call British/English etc are HELEN from big brother and possably the Manic Street Preachers - If they stop relesing Crap songs like Ocean Spray and Why So Sad.
Mon 18/06/01 at 21:25
I think the best film ever is The Matrix and they schould spend thousands more on this sequal or prequal that is coming out.
I think that is Warner Bros play their cards wright, they could make double they made with The Matrix. People know how succesful The Matrix was and this is great publicity for Warner Bros. The more sequals or prequals they bring out, the more popular their company becomes so the more money they earn. I think this money goes towards great films like The Matrix to create great special effects and action sequences.
Also if Warner Bros get the wright actors for thir movies they will make tons of money. For example everyone knows Keanu Reeves is possibly the best actor to perform in a action movie (The Matrix), so this will influence his millions of fans to go see the movie when it comes out. Im sure the sequal to The Matrix will make millions of dollars because of all this I have been talking about.

It all comes down to this sentence equation:
The best actor + money = More money + more publicity
Sun 17/06/01 at 20:37
>The only idiot here is you Corleone!!

I like him. He's entertaining.
Sat 16/06/01 at 20:00
No Bond will ever be better than Sean Connery!
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:20
Regular
Dougray Scott has set his stall out too, next Bond maybe??
Mon 11/06/01 at 18:18
Regular
"Whatever!"
Like Kate Winslet myself!!
Mon 11/06/01 at 17:10
Kate Beckinsale; stunning, beautiful, British.
And she can act a bit too.
Mon 11/06/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yet another insightful and startling post from Corleone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.