GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going Retro"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/08/05 at 13:54
Regular
"~DPG~"
I have had enough of the current consoles and really, think the main 3 have had their time now. I was willing to pay around £30 for games in the beginning, but now i don't feel i need to. many games don't interest me or are basically tosh. I am going to trade my PS2 + about 23 games and just buy a MegaDrive, Mega CD, Snes and many, many games.

I'm not hanging up my control for good, just going retro. I remember as a youth i could never get bored of tirelessly playing Sonic and Mario games and feel sad tht i've been without the golden old games we all were brought up with.

I'll have a hard time searching for games but when i have them, ill be able to respect them for what they are. Games. We don't play games for fun now and the prices and gameplay haven't always been top notch recently. Also, i don't think ill be missing out on any of the new PS2 games, as the next gen of consoles will be out and i have decided not to get any of them.

My Reason? Price,Time i have to use them, getting a job soon, so i wont be able to spend so many hours on games. I have enjoyed them and have no intentions of giving up, but just going to play some fun classics while they are still just about still around.

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
Wed 03/08/05 at 13:54
Regular
"~DPG~"
I have had enough of the current consoles and really, think the main 3 have had their time now. I was willing to pay around £30 for games in the beginning, but now i don't feel i need to. many games don't interest me or are basically tosh. I am going to trade my PS2 + about 23 games and just buy a MegaDrive, Mega CD, Snes and many, many games.

I'm not hanging up my control for good, just going retro. I remember as a youth i could never get bored of tirelessly playing Sonic and Mario games and feel sad tht i've been without the golden old games we all were brought up with.

I'll have a hard time searching for games but when i have them, ill be able to respect them for what they are. Games. We don't play games for fun now and the prices and gameplay haven't always been top notch recently. Also, i don't think ill be missing out on any of the new PS2 games, as the next gen of consoles will be out and i have decided not to get any of them.

My Reason? Price,Time i have to use them, getting a job soon, so i wont be able to spend so many hours on games. I have enjoyed them and have no intentions of giving up, but just going to play some fun classics while they are still just about still around.

Thanks for reading, have a good day.
Wed 03/08/05 at 14:06
Regular
You're about 12 years old and a retard though, you speak like you've been gaming since the dawn of time. What exactly do you play games for, if not for fun?

Oh and those 2D games only seemed so amazing because you were younger and they were the latest thing. Most of them will just taste like mouldy old pants these days.
Wed 03/08/05 at 14:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Not true, I bought my mate's old Mega Drive, then blitzed Ebay for EA Hockey, Cannon Fodder, Jungle Strike, and loads of other games. Much fun to be had in the past.
Wed 03/08/05 at 15:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Terrible idea. These games seemed to be good when you were younger, but they're going to seem pretty pants now. They're good to play as long as you know that you've got San Andreas and GT4 to go back to afterwards, but having them as your only source of gaming is a crap idea.

Go ahead and do it if you want, it's your money...
Wed 03/08/05 at 16:17
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
So you repeatedly and tirelessly argue against Ninendo, dismissing Mario games as "for babies", and now you want to buy a SNES?
Wed 03/08/05 at 17:52
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I'm not sure about this decision. I enjoy playing the old games and consoles as much as anyone but to totally rid yourself of the newer consoles just seems like a mistake to me.
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

> Oh and those 2D games only seemed so amazing because you were younger
> and they were the latest thing. Most of them will just taste like
> mouldy old pants these days.

except super mario world/kart
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:15
Regular
Secret of Mana? Chrono Trigger? Minish cap? Link to the past? They're still enjoyable today maybe even more than most games nowadays.
Wed 03/08/05 at 18:21
Regular
"serenity now!"
Do it.

Someone brought an N64 round my flat a couple of weeks ago, and it's seen more use than the PS2 has in over 6 months (Goldeneye on 00Agent is still damn hard). If you get bored of retro, you can always pick up an Xbox 360 or something at Xmas.
Wed 03/08/05 at 19:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
My N64 has had more game time in the past month than my PS2 and Gamecube put together have since 2005 began, easily.

The games might not be technically as good, but for enjoyment purposes, the N64 rips it out of modern gaming systems.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.