GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ebay advice"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/08/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hello all,

I've never used ebay before, though I have been tempted.
I'm not skint but I will be in the following months so thought I'd clear some stuff out.

I want to know what sells the best and what isn't worth it.
Advice on first sales since I'll have no feedback.
What packaging/post office stuff.

Thanks
Tue 02/08/05 at 23:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hello all,

I've never used ebay before, though I have been tempted.
I'm not skint but I will be in the following months so thought I'd clear some stuff out.

I want to know what sells the best and what isn't worth it.
Advice on first sales since I'll have no feedback.
What packaging/post office stuff.

Thanks
Tue 02/08/05 at 23:56
Regular
"8==="
Buy whilst high.

Sell deer.
Tue 02/08/05 at 23:59
Regular
Well, for a start, Postage and Packaging is your window of oppurtunity into making guaranteed money from a sale, you can set individual postage and packaging amounts (as in, they're defined by you) which eBay can't change and the buyer has to pay

Apprapo the start of an auction, it's best to set the item at a low start price (for example 0.99) to avoid paying alot of tax and make the money up by setting a reserve (which no-one can see) or by increasing the P&P ever so slightly

When describing your item it puts the buyers mind at rest if you say why you're selling it and also try and describe whether it's new, followed by a brief synopsis of the product

DVDs always seem to sell well, but not for that much money as there's so many. There's no point trying to "offload" things, as you might at a Car Boot Sale, simply because things like Soft Toys etc don't sell

It's always best to steer clear of selling broken or faulty products and also define your margines, such as whether you want payment via Paypal or Cheque, to avoid unecessary hassle

Hope that helps !
Wed 03/08/05 at 00:30
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
tnc wrote:
> simply because things like Soft Toys etc don't sell

My ex bought me a teddy off e-bay-tight bas....

Now I'm stuck with a teddy I don't want. Might sell it again on e-bay for free.

Anyone here want it? All you gotta do is pay postage and packaging. A little teddy with a letter reading 'I love you'
Wed 03/08/05 at 00:31
Regular
"0228"
I've got Zippy and George teddies. They talk and everything!
Regular
Please don't be one of those people who uses caps lock for their entire description.
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I suppose they might be worth at least £5 now!
Wed 03/08/05 at 10:27
"Was the man of marz"
.:~Bubblez~:. wrote:
> Anyone here want it? All you gotta do is pay postage and packaging. A
> little teddy with a letter reading 'I love you'

My friend got one saying 'lets grow old together'. That would have scared meoff

On the subject of ebay. It's very much hit and miss with what sells. Doing completed searches to find out what items sold and why is a good start. An example is a fine china plate might get nothing but a box of lego will go for more than you think. Also, try not to inflate postage. You put off 'sensible ebayers' who don't want topay £2.99 for a CD to be sent first class. Basically, try out a couple of small items as with no feedback it doesn't but buyers off but it doesn't encourage em' and find out how it all works and the best way to start selling is by using the free software you can doenload
Wed 03/08/05 at 10:36
Regular
tnc wrote:
> Apprapo the start of an auction, it's best to set the item at a low
> start price (for example 0.99) to avoid paying alot of tax and make
> the money up by setting a reserve (which no-one can see)

Isn't a reserve £1 or there abouts?
Wed 03/08/05 at 10:48
"Was the man of marz"
Damarus wrote:
> tnc wrote:
> Apprapo the start of an auction, it's best to set the item at a low
> start price (for example 0.99) to avoid paying alot of tax and make
> the money up by setting a reserve (which no-one can see)
>
> Isn't a reserve £1 or there abouts?

I think it's free as long as the item sells. Only thing is it puts buyers off cos they don't think theycan get a bargain

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.