GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"one from the road..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/07/05 at 11:11
Regular
"you've got a beard"
so, a weekend full of shows for me!!
yesterdays show was an outdoor affair in which i was playing ref all day (yes... my infamous reffing was called upon once more as a last resort) but this time it actually went quite well, i guess practice really is the only way to improve.

we had some minor issues setting up our 6 sided ring, and sadly about 2 matches from the end of the day, the central spring/base structure sheared away from it's stand and the ring became pretty unstable. the wood was shifting around, the padding moved and the spring section went lopsided and created a central lump, so the 3 guys in the ring (2 workers and me :) ) had to devise cunning ways of updating each other as to where the nasty gaps were... someone still took a pretty nasty bump on the raised section though :S

BUT!! the most amusing story of the day occured pre-show. 4 of us in my car on the way to the venue, we stop in the car park to wait for the other guys to arrive with the ring, etc and this police van goes by. now the show took place in one of the ... we'll say "less desirable" parts of town, so this was nothing unusual.. what WAS unusual was that 1 minute later it comes tearing ass back the other way, pulls into the car park and stops right behind my car so we can't go anywhere. I've had run ins with over zealous, quota-meeting traffic monkeys before so, i got out and prepared to debate with these nice young men why exactly they have nothing better to do and to address the issue of their questionable parentage. Anyways, 3 guys get out who were a fair bit bigger than your average copper, all decked in body armour and sporting pistols... for some reason i decided NOT to pursue my original line of questioning :) so it's all a bit odd and one of them asks me if they know why they're talking to us, which we obviously don't, so they give me a ticket that explains they've stopped us because we're "4 guys in an empty car park in the middle of a highly populated area with electrical devices about our person" (the elsectrical devices in question being a couple of cameras, a tv, some cable.. and some non-electrical buckle pads) and we've been searched on suspicion of terrorism :D

terrorism!!!!!!!! :D
so after almost choking on my apple juice i let them have a look in the boot, sign their little ticket (which i'm framing on account of the absurdity of it all) and watch as they try to retain some air of credibility after acknowledging that there's nothing dangerous and buckle pads... so they do their '3 of us bunch round one person' (me) and all give it the "so, have you been nicked before?" bit.

so yeah, stopped on suspicion of terrorism!!! then the guy in tescos ballsed up my change and gave me a £20 instead of a £10, so a prett sweet day all round!!

and another show today, which is thankfully back indoors as it's hacking down here.

and AWAY!
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:11
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
just like half of the forums Weve posted in today lololol lololol lol
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:10
Regular
"you've got a beard"
er.. yeah. if we don't set a ring up we'd have nowhere to wrestle and look afully stupid for charging £5 to get in :)
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:07
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
Did you?
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:06
Regular
"you've got a beard"
that was set up, so anything that may have happened last night would have been far more unfortunuate :)

.. especially as i'd spent ages helping put it together!
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:03
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
Like Show and Lesnar did before
Mon 25/07/05 at 14:02
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i know, i'm not sure if this is like big shows 500lbs, which they said long after he wasnt or not, but i can tell you that they're massive guys. friendly as hell... but massive. every time they went to the ropes (all both of them) i closed my eyes, convinced they're break something :)
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Cong_Man wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
> it really depends on your complexion :)
>
> My complextion = Fat.
>
> :-)
>
> then go for the meanie :D
>
> however, i saw the UK PItbulls in person last night and my GOD
> they're huge!!
> combined weight of 70 stone apparantly, absolute behemoths!

70 STONE!!!!!!
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:56
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
>
> My complextion = Fat.
>

then go for the meanie :D

however, i saw the UK PItbulls in person last night and my GOD they're huge!!
combined weight of 70 stone apparantly, absolute behemoths!
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:54
Regular
"Tna! Tna! Tna!"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Very_Metal wrote:
>
> My complextion = Fat.
>

Reccomended = Subway
Mon 25/07/05 at 13:51
Regular
"..."
Very_Metal wrote:

My complextion = Fat.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.