GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For funks sake Nintendo!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/07/05 at 13:17
Regular
At first I didn't mind the whole secrecy. I didn't mind that Nintendo did not show us "THAT" controller.

What I do mind is the lack of dev kits.

When Reggie said "Developers are amazed at what we're showing them" we should have asked for specifics.

For all we know he could have meant Retro, Hal and Camelot. It is becoming increasingly apparent that SEGA haven't a clue about Revolution. "We're very excited" they said but "We just don't know how third parties will react to any new style".

What? You don't know??? Japan's largest third party in the world knows nothing about Revolution???

The DS sold amazingly. We know. But the fact the third party support were cheap tech demos were a major downer on an otherwise successful (thus far) system. Nintendo need to release dev kits NOW!

Capcom just confirmed Resident Evil 5 for the 360 and the PS3. Why?? I mean the series hasn't sold brilliantly on the Gamecube but it has done well. There are tonnes of Nintendo fans now fans of the series and although the graphics are nice they aren't that much better than RE4... Revolution should be able to do it easily.

Talk of HD being the reason and I'm doubtful. HD can be removed easily enough. It doesn't make sense! But considering CAPCOM don't know the controller, the specifications or the release schedule of course they can't begin developing a Revolution version.

There probably WILL be RE5 on Revolution. But dissillusioned fans right now believe there won't be.

EA are not talking about Revolution. It is 360 this and PS3 that. The reason? They no nothing about Revolution. I plead for Nintendo to make an announcement before September. Because they're running out of time. And it doesn't have to be to us... to the major publishers. That'd be nice.

Doesn't overly effect me. I've decided to get an X-box 360 as well. Mainly because I really really really want Perfect Dark. But if this was the last generation... I'd be feeling incredibly concerned.

Dringo.
Fri 22/07/05 at 13:17
Regular
At first I didn't mind the whole secrecy. I didn't mind that Nintendo did not show us "THAT" controller.

What I do mind is the lack of dev kits.

When Reggie said "Developers are amazed at what we're showing them" we should have asked for specifics.

For all we know he could have meant Retro, Hal and Camelot. It is becoming increasingly apparent that SEGA haven't a clue about Revolution. "We're very excited" they said but "We just don't know how third parties will react to any new style".

What? You don't know??? Japan's largest third party in the world knows nothing about Revolution???

The DS sold amazingly. We know. But the fact the third party support were cheap tech demos were a major downer on an otherwise successful (thus far) system. Nintendo need to release dev kits NOW!

Capcom just confirmed Resident Evil 5 for the 360 and the PS3. Why?? I mean the series hasn't sold brilliantly on the Gamecube but it has done well. There are tonnes of Nintendo fans now fans of the series and although the graphics are nice they aren't that much better than RE4... Revolution should be able to do it easily.

Talk of HD being the reason and I'm doubtful. HD can be removed easily enough. It doesn't make sense! But considering CAPCOM don't know the controller, the specifications or the release schedule of course they can't begin developing a Revolution version.

There probably WILL be RE5 on Revolution. But dissillusioned fans right now believe there won't be.

EA are not talking about Revolution. It is 360 this and PS3 that. The reason? They no nothing about Revolution. I plead for Nintendo to make an announcement before September. Because they're running out of time. And it doesn't have to be to us... to the major publishers. That'd be nice.

Doesn't overly effect me. I've decided to get an X-box 360 as well. Mainly because I really really really want Perfect Dark. But if this was the last generation... I'd be feeling incredibly concerned.

Dringo.
Fri 22/07/05 at 14:49
"period drama"
I thought it really wasn't a problem when I was moaning about it.
All change?
Fri 22/07/05 at 16:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I don't usually rant at Nintendo. I leave it to you other guys :) But I've had one building up for a while now. I think reading the Sega interview - [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=8039[/URL] - where the president of Sega America basically says he has as much knowledge about what the Revolution will be as the rest of us.. What the hell is going on Nintendo?

All along they've been saying "we won't make the same mistakes as last time, we won't launch after the competition, that's why the PS2 beat the Cube". Where's that ethos gone?

Time is running very short if they want to have good, quality 3rd-Party titles ready at launch, if they still think there's any hope of launching anytime near the PS3.

As Dringo said: For funks sake.. When are the third-parties going to be let into the know? Why are Nintendo being so up themselves not to share details? When are the public going to be told?

Right now the next-gen console "war" is a two horse race between Xbox 360 and PS3, and that is because to many casual gamers, the Revolution is such a vague, unknown concept, that in the coming months when they're thinking "now shall I get an Xbox 360 this Xmas, or wait for a PS3" they'll have very little thought if none for the Revolution - that unknown console from kiddie Nintendo which no one knows anything about.

Rant over.
Fri 22/07/05 at 16:45
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I thought it really wasn't a problem when I was moaning about it.
> All change?

No, not telling consumers isn't a real issue for me... that requires timing in relation to the other formats.

Telling the developers is bleeding vital!
Fri 22/07/05 at 16:48
Regular
I am optimistic that Nintendo's new revolutionary concepts will cause a sales boost in their home format front. A rather nice boost that'll get increase respect for the company.

But the companies need to know. Nintendo need to entice developers to their new console now... I doubt the PS3 will hit Spring 2006. I believe that date has been touted to make people believe they might as well wait for the PS3 than go for the 360. But Dev Kits to third parties now.

Resident Evil 5 should have a revolution confirmation as well.
Fri 22/07/05 at 16:50
"period drama"
Yes ... I was on about dev kits. Or the lack thereof.
And it apparently wasn't a problem.
Fri 22/07/05 at 17:04
Regular
I was under the impression, at the time, they must developers had them or were about to get them.

My argument was with Gerrid regarding public perception.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
glad to see you finally cottoned on!

told you that no dev kits = bad

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.