GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good news for TNA"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/07/05 at 01:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Looks like they've finally agreed a deal with SpikeTV. Quite a kick in the teeth for the WWE considering Spike didn't bother to renew their deal with them and instead gone for the competition. Hopefully TNA will be able to challenge WWE seriously now.
Wed 20/07/05 at 01:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Looks like they've finally agreed a deal with SpikeTV. Quite a kick in the teeth for the WWE considering Spike didn't bother to renew their deal with them and instead gone for the competition. Hopefully TNA will be able to challenge WWE seriously now.
Wed 20/07/05 at 01:13
Regular
Very good news, this. I wonder if they'll get a more prominent slot on British television now as well. I'm not too bothered personally seeing as I'm lucky enough to have TWC, but I know a number of people who aren't so fortunate.

Anyway, yes, this will prove very helpful for TNA. Financially it's a huge benefit, and hopefully more interest will be shown in the product now as well; maybe even enough to take them into serious competition with the WWE. For both the fans and the company, this is superb news. Let's hope for a strong future for right now the only company who can claim to come even close to the WWE (not in a wrestling sense, of course, seeing TNA's wrestling talent far outshines the WWE's, but in marketing and business in general).
Wed 20/07/05 at 01:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea hopefully it will mean those guys on the WWE roster coming to the end of their contracts will begin to see they actually have an alternative to being wasted and misused in the WWE and also mean Vince actually has to start trying again to put on a decent show instead of putting out any old crap.

And especially with WWE in hot water with UPN over the Hassan thing it looks like things are pretty rosey in wrestling land
Wed 20/07/05 at 01:20
Regular
In addition to this news being a benefit for TNA, in the long run it could also prove to be very helpful to the WWE. Once people realise there's an alternative, Vince is going to have to start improving on the WWE's current shows, because right now even casual viewers would be able to distinguish just how much better TNA is than WWE at putting on an exciting show.

Healthy competition is always a good thing, and it's something that Vince has been lacking in for 3 or 4 solid years now. This contract could spark a rebirth for talent succeeding in the WWE... well, I can hope, anyway.
Wed 20/07/05 at 01:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I think you will definitely see the WWE ratings and buyrates drop even further now with TNA being back on National TV. I mean what would you rather watch, an X-Division match or another Mazzzzzzzterlock Challenge? Pretty simple eh

As long as TNA doesn't go much further down the route of hiring the WWE 1999 rejects which they worringly seem to be doing then they should really be able to compete
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:34
Regular
"..."
Had to laugh at the news that TNA Head of Production (and former WWE employee) David Sahadi 'leaked' this information by inserting backwards recorded messages in the opening of last Sundays TNA PPV.
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Hehe yea, shame my sound card is screwed on my computer as i'd have liked to have heard it
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:45
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
It sounds really strange when played normally, though I have to say I liked how it sounded. The messages themselves were:

Rhino is here, more are coming to TNA,
TNA is coming to Spike TV,
Someone will get Gored tonight,
Vince fears Jeff Jarrett.

Interesting way of breaking the news, but I liked it all the same.
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:49
Regular
"..."
Jim of Honor wrote:
> It sounds really strange when played normally, though I have to say I
> liked how it sounded. The messages themselves were:
>
> Vince fears Jeff Jarrett.

Actually, having listened to it it sounds more like

'Vince is Jeff Jarrett'.

But, never mind.

Anyone know if TNA will be getting a two-hour show? If so they might have to expand their roster a bit. Which will probably be bad news for ROH, as they are usually their first raiding point...
Wed 20/07/05 at 13:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Which will probably be bad news for ROH, as they are usually their first raiding point...

Thought that was Vince's place of raping and pillaging of a roster nowadays

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.