GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS in hospitals"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/07/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
In a month or so, I'm going to be having an operation and will be in hospital for a few days (then off work for a month, zing!). I'm going to be bored out of my mind unless I take something to do. I was thinking of getting a few DS games then leaving them alone until I go into hospital.

However, it occured to me that there might be a problem with that. We all know that you're supposed to switch mobile phones off in hospitals because the signals they give out can interfere with hospital equipment... but does anyone know if this would apply to the DS as well? Seeing as the DS is supposedly constantly sending out signals; searching for other DS consoles to connect with (or so I heard), would these interfere with hospital equipment in the same way as mobile phones?

If so, I'll take my GBA and finish Astro Boy and Minish Cap... but I fancied having Kirby and Nintendogs keeping me and my bed-pan company.
Mon 18/07/05 at 17:49
Regular
"Remember me?"
In a month or so, I'm going to be having an operation and will be in hospital for a few days (then off work for a month, zing!). I'm going to be bored out of my mind unless I take something to do. I was thinking of getting a few DS games then leaving them alone until I go into hospital.

However, it occured to me that there might be a problem with that. We all know that you're supposed to switch mobile phones off in hospitals because the signals they give out can interfere with hospital equipment... but does anyone know if this would apply to the DS as well? Seeing as the DS is supposedly constantly sending out signals; searching for other DS consoles to connect with (or so I heard), would these interfere with hospital equipment in the same way as mobile phones?

If so, I'll take my GBA and finish Astro Boy and Minish Cap... but I fancied having Kirby and Nintendogs keeping me and my bed-pan company.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:02
Regular
"\\"
Actually the thing about mobile phones is BS.

They don't affect anything.

So I presume neither will the DS.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Emitime wrote:
> Actually the thing about mobile phones is BS.

That's what I was told the other week by a male nurse, when I went in to see my sick Grandad.. Was quite suprised :)

So yeh, DS'll be fine, although I think it only sends out signals when you're multiplaying, pictochatting or downloading software.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:37
Regular
"Remember me?"
Tphi wrote:
> So yeh, DS'll be fine, although I think it only sends out signals
> when you're multiplaying, pictochatting or downloading software.

That's alright then. I'll have Nintendogs' bark mode thing on. See if any other invalids or SARS victims have a DS heh.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:46
Regular
"\\"
Tphi wrote:
> Emitime wrote:
> Actually the thing about mobile phones is BS.
>
> That's what I was told the other week by a male nurse, when I went in
> to see my sick Grandad.. Was quite suprised :)

Aye.

My mum told me about it a while ago (she's a nurse).
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:54
Regular
Is she hot.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:56
Regular
"\\"
Y.. no.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:56
Regular
Are you hot.
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:58
Regular
"\\"
N... Yes!
Mon 18/07/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Touched!"
Hopefully Mark won't turn his DS on to find his heart monitor fail on him! j/k Hope everything goes well matey!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.