GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Little Big Adventure 1/2 - Help"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/07/05 at 12:06
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Bought these off Ebay and they arrived today.

Now they are nearly 10 years old, so are meant to be played on Windows 95 systems and above, but being on XP myself im finding myself not being able to play them (I have never tried playing many of the older games on my laptop).

I managed to get them both installed but had problems with both.

LBA 1 installed, but i had to chose my own sound and video card myself, of which both werent on the list, so couldnt do it. I picked any, and when it loaded, it crashed to my desktop and screwed it up, leaving me having to restart.

LBA 2 installed on its own, and when i played it, there was sound. However, the screen didnt show right, lots of lines across it and distortion, though i could just make out what was on the screen.

Obviously XP is something to do with this right?

Just wondered if anyone would be able to let me know how i can go about playing these games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta.
Mon 18/07/05 at 12:55
Regular
Im still yet to play it.

I had LBA on the PS1 and thought it was superb. I then got rid of it for some reason still unknown to me and regretted it ever since.

Went looking for them on ebay...and picked them both up in the same auction, with a Buy It Now price of...£1.50.

LBA2 sells for £10+ on its own usually. I was chuffed to bits.
Mon 18/07/05 at 12:45
Regular
LBA 2 was godly
Sun 17/07/05 at 19:45
Regular
"8==="
Coin wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Buy an old win 95 PC system (without monitor) for £50.
>
> Where?

Ebay?

I remember seeing one for sale on the 'local notices' board at the nearest supermarket to me.

Failing that seperately buy any old PC and a copy of win 95 then install it.

Easy.
Sun 17/07/05 at 17:57
Regular
Well for LBA 1 i used a programme called LBAwin which plays the game. Basicly your best bet is searching via google and looking on other games forums. Always seems like someone has an answer to these sort of problems.
Sun 17/07/05 at 11:57
Regular
"Bicycle"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Sorted now.
>
> Cheers.

How?

Runing into similiar probs. with old 95 games...
Sun 17/07/05 at 11:56
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hedfix wrote:
> Buy an old win 95 PC system (without monitor) for £50.

Where?
Sun 17/07/05 at 11:02
Regular
Sorted now.

Cheers.
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:16
Regular
"8==="
Buy an old win 95 PC system (without monitor) for £50.

Failing that: search for emulators.
Sat 16/07/05 at 21:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ahhhh

LBA2

Ahhhhhhhhh

<3
Sat 16/07/05 at 12:31
"Tesco value"
do you need the number of colours to be 256? I've got a medical dictionary that wont work unless it's dropped right down

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.