GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OH MY GOD! That is just not possible (or human)"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/07/05 at 21:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I hope you lot, being ninty's, can remember Mario 3 on the NES. If not, you really won't understand this.

But just check out this guy. It is not possible to play it like that! He completes the whole sodding game (albeit taking a few shortcuts like warps) in less than 11 minutes! WTF is he on, man?! I want some!

[URL]http://media.ebaumsworld.com/moSMB3.wmv[/URL]
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I hope you lot, being ninty's, can remember Mario 3 on the NES. If not, you really won't understand this.

But just check out this guy. It is not possible to play it like that! He completes the whole sodding game (albeit taking a few shortcuts like warps) in less than 11 minutes! WTF is he on, man?! I want some!

[URL]http://media.ebaumsworld.com/moSMB3.wmv[/URL]
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:35
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I remember seeing this a while back. Still impresses me today.

I'd take a look at a speed run of Super Mario 64, which is completed in 21 minutes.

Aparrantly there's a speed run for Link To The Past, also, which I'm going to go track down.
Wed 13/07/05 at 21:45
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I wander how long a speed run of MGS2 would last?! LOL!

Has anyone tried one of Goldeneye or PD? I'd like t see them.
Thu 14/07/05 at 00:02
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I remember seeing the speed run for the entire of Metroid Prime in about 2 hours.. now that was impressive.
Thu 14/07/05 at 09:48
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Chipseh wrote:
> Aparrantly there's a speed run for Link To The Past, also, which I'm
> going to go track down.

Tell us if you find that.

*sniff* They don't make games like that anymore. Mario 3 was good, solid platforming. I remember the warp whistles...

Mario 64 was impressive, but that guy has mad skillz at getting 1ups.
Thu 14/07/05 at 10:44
Regular
The guy who made it admitted from the very start that he used an emulator pausing, saving and reloading every time he made a mistake.

It's just that his website is in Japanese.
Thu 14/07/05 at 11:25
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
i dont remember the first levels being that short!! that is god damn amazing
Thu 14/07/05 at 11:51
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Tphi wrote:
> I remember seeing the speed run for the entire of Metroid Prime in
> about 2 hours.. now that was impressive.

2 HOURS?! He must have memorised the game inside out! How sad! It took me 30 hours to finish the game with 86%!
Thu 14/07/05 at 13:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gimo80 wrote:
> 2 HOURS?! He must have memorised the game inside out! How sad! It
> took me 30 hours to finish the game with 86%!

Indeed, he played the game through following a set path he'd worked out before, knowing the exact route, never stopping and barely missed one jump :S Inhuman, I tell thee.
Thu 14/07/05 at 21:06
Regular
I posted this a while ago. I too was shocked until I found out his dirty secret.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.