GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bath Uni Network Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/10/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
This is a forum for Bath Uni network to coordinate games. If youre not on the network you probably wont find anything interesting here.

If you are on the network and youre trying to start or join an online check here to see whats on. Currently there arent a lot of games going on so hopefully this'll provoke some to start.

So the idea is if you want a game of something check here and if theres nothing post suggesting starting one, or check the BUNCS IRC channel, and if theres a reply then ...well...(dances)
Mon 25/10/04 at 17:08
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
This is a forum for Bath Uni network to coordinate games. If youre not on the network you probably wont find anything interesting here.

If you are on the network and youre trying to start or join an online check here to see whats on. Currently there arent a lot of games going on so hopefully this'll provoke some to start.

So the idea is if you want a game of something check here and if theres nothing post suggesting starting one, or check the BUNCS IRC channel, and if theres a reply then ...well...(dances)
Mon 25/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
Starting counterstrike
Mon 25/10/04 at 21:06
Regular
How many people on these forums goto Bath Uni??
Fri 29/10/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
me. Im just working on getting the network organised in games. its not working. lol
Sun 07/11/04 at 11:14
Regular
you don't go to uni to play games! get down the pub!
Sun 14/11/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Captain to you."
At uni you have to carefully balence gaming to drinking ratio.

Too much gaming not enough drinking results:

positives:

skillz increase,
get to call more people noob,
talk to lots of people around the world,

negatives:

social life goes downhill,
electricity bill increases,
talk to lots of people from germany, (just annouying for understand speech)

Too much drinking not enough gaming results:

positives:

get drunk,
meet lots of people that appear prettier than they are,
wake up in strange places,
wake up with a smile cause you found the perfect cone to bring home,

negatives:

gaming skillz get worse,
spend alot of money,
relise the people you met arn't that pretty later on,

be carefull when trying to mix the 2 :)
Sun 14/11/04 at 01:21
Regular
Erm and drinking too much is bad for your health not trying to sound like your mum but it's true :P.
Sun 14/11/04 at 12:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
you and your crazy ideas drinkiings not bad for you, thats just a drity rumor started by fizzy drinks people to get you to drink their stuff and not beer, and the rumor that fizzy drinks are bad for your teeth was started by the water company to get you to drink more water,

DON@T FALL FOR THEIR HYPE
Sun 14/11/04 at 14:42
I briefly walked into a organised uni LAN once, but after someone squealed "You got owned, dude" I decided it was not for me.
Sun 14/11/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Captain to you."
lol yeah uni LAN are great for gaming getting to turn around and laugh in someones face is so much better than typing noob. :) i'm not really like that, it's normally good clean fun people just mucking about, some taking it to serious but then youy get to tell them to chjill out and that gets them more angry and you can get them to flip out and leave :)

i have a LAN in my house only 4 people :( but with my broadband just enjoy the world full of people to play.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.