GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, we've got the olympics then..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/07/05 at 12:49
Regular
... do you care?

Do you think we'll be ready in time?

Will you go and watch?

Do you think it'll be good for us financially / on the world stage / helping to promote sport in kids?

Any other questions I've missed out? ;-)
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:45
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
People are stupid. That's why they call it the twenty-twelve olympics.
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:37
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Rai wrote:
> The question is- did we really want the Olympics?

Something like 70% of the people asked did want the Olympics to come to England so apparently, yes we did...

What's bothering me more is the way is everyone's calling it "the twenty twelve olympics" rather than "the two thousand and twelve olympics".

Do we going around saying it's the "7th of July, twenty-O-five"? No, of course we don't.

But then again, before the millennium nobody said "nineteen hundred and ninety nine", we were all saying "nineteen ninety nine" so it appears that consistency doesn't mean a damn thing to most people.

Rant over.
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
monkey_man wrote:
> Whatever, we'd all be winners.

We could pair up and compete in the wheelchair pushing events: I smile whilst you push me for 26 miles - sound good? We could both get gold then.
Thu 07/07/05 at 16:29
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The question is- did we really want the Olympics?
Wed 06/07/05 at 22:47
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Wrong. Londoners have to pay an extra £20 a year for ten years...

:(
Wed 06/07/05 at 22:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Yup.

I hope it's a national thing and taxes are spread over the whole country, not just London boroughs...
Wed 06/07/05 at 22:13
Regular
"bot"
Clazon wrote:
> Aha. Someone pointed something out to me today. Regardless of whether
> that money would have been useful in many other areas, it never would
> have been raised or used for those other things even if we hadn't got
> the games.

And that's even more shameful.

"Some athletics! Wow! Great! You want money? No problem."
Or someone suggests spending £X million on something worthwhile.."sorry, don't have the funds..can't justify blah blah blah".
Wed 06/07/05 at 22:12
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Memorandum! wrote:
>Plus I'm sure the millions of pounds they'll spend on it could be used much better elsewhere.

Perhaps although it'd most likely be squandered on providing prosthetic limbs for transsexual grannies.

Edit (Perpahs)
Wed 06/07/05 at 22:11
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Memorandum! wrote:
> Plus I'm sure the millions of pounds they'll
> spend on it could be used much better elsewhere.

Aha. Someone pointed something out to me today. Regardless of whether that money would have been useful in many other areas, it never would have been raised or used for those other things even if we hadn't got the games.
Wed 06/07/05 at 22:02
Regular
"bot"
I'm personally not bothered about the Olympics because I have no interest in athletics. Plus I'm sure the millions of pounds they'll spend on it could be used much better elsewhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.