GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Not ANOTHER Gameboy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/06/01 at 18:39
Regular
Meh, another Gameboy, what is the point of it all! Still the same terrible refective backscreen, still the same tacky sound and still the same two buttons! You'd think they could at least have A, B, X and Y... like a SNES pad!

Okay so there are shoulder buttons but they won't do very much, and they don't have the same potential as two extra front-face buttons!

The games will be the same, okay so Tony Hawks PS2 looks good but there will still be those tacky side-scrollers that just go on, and on, and on!

The GBA won't do very much more that the GBC, if you already have a GBC forget the GBA, it is just a waste of time... advanced my a**e! Just another waste of £80?!

Unquestionably...!

Game

So you disagree?! Why?! What is so special about it!
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:39
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Meh, another Gameboy, what is the point of it all! Still the same terrible refective backscreen, still the same tacky sound and still the same two buttons! You'd think they could at least have A, B, X and Y... like a SNES pad!

Okay so there are shoulder buttons but they won't do very much, and they don't have the same potential as two extra front-face buttons!

The games will be the same, okay so Tony Hawks PS2 looks good but there will still be those tacky side-scrollers that just go on, and on, and on!

The GBA won't do very much more that the GBC, if you already have a GBC forget the GBA, it is just a waste of time... advanced my a**e! Just another waste of £80?!

Unquestionably...!

Game

So you disagree?! Why?! What is so special about it!
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:45
HOw could you game i thought we were friends but insult THE gba and you insult ME TOO!i hate yyyou!
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
It was a compliment!

Most people will realise that it is a lot less than the pointless electronic mess-up that I called it!
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
Basically, the GBA is the handheld equivilant of the PS2.

Nintendo know that it's competition is weak and that everyone wants one just because it's the gameboy only better.

That's why they're re releasing Nes games for £30+ and not being quite as competitive as they could be.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was new games they were releasing or if it was atleast some compilations of Nes and Snes games but Nintendo aren't doing that.

They'll release the old games one at a time £40 each because they know that there are a million casual gamers out there who'll buy it no matter what.

Perhaps if we wait a year or 2 when the price of games goes down or a competitor is released to force Nintendo to be competitive then it'll be worth getting.

Strange isn't it. The innoative company that is bringing us the superbly competitive and good value for money gamecube is simultaneously trying to rip us off releasing 10 year old Nes/Snes games on a handheld system for £30 each.
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah, the GBA isn't much more than a fancied up SNES and you know what?! I wouldn't even call it that! I love the SNES, in my view it WAS and IS the best console around! The N64 was good but with limited games, the PS2 will be all graphics until GT3 and MGS2 come out the DC is dying and the PSX relied on lots of low quality games!

The SNES is great and to associate this Advanced Piff-Poff with it is almost a sin!

Game
Sat 02/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I see it as a put-on before the GC. Like melon.
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh come on, the gba will be a great little console, and i will be preordering mine in a few days. Furthermore there will be many brand new titles available, not just the same old games from the NES and SNES, and to say it is not much better than the GBA is philistinism, and very biased however this is your own opinion of which you are entitled, however you will be missing out on a lot of portable fun.
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:19
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Heh, I like that! Well put, CM!

Game: Master of Abbreviation
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
The point of the GBA is the fact that it's a PORTABLE SNES. The SNES was undoubtedly my favourite console and the fact that it's now in a protable version...

Pity I can't afford one really isn't it! Still, I'm holding out for the GameCube :-D
Sat 02/06/01 at 19:20
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The Game wrote:
> Heh, I like that! Well put, CM!

Thank you very much :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.