GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FFF / English language People?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 22/06/05 at 09:46
Regular
"SOUP!"
For the editorial exam on friday - do we have a choice of two questions per info-pack, so 4 questions in total?

I cant find the exam spec.

Cheers.
Wed 22/06/05 at 09:46
Regular
"SOUP!"
For the editorial exam on friday - do we have a choice of two questions per info-pack, so 4 questions in total?

I cant find the exam spec.

Cheers.
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:41
"period drama"
Yeah, that's right - 2 for each, 4 in total, you do 1.
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Awesome. Do you have your packs yet?

I started looking @ the Grace Darling one - it's kinda boring.
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:51
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Whats in the pack this year?

I did this exam 2 years ago.
Wed 22/06/05 at 10:54
"period drama"
Paradox: wrote:
> Awesome. Do you have your packs yet?
>
> I started looking @ the Grace Darling one - it's kinda boring.

Yeah, I got them last Friday - read them both all the way through but haven't made any notes or whatever.

They're both pretty boring, to be honest - but it's an exam, I wasn't really expecting to have the time of my life. And they seem to get longer and heavier everytime I pick them up.
Wed 22/06/05 at 11:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Whats in the pack this year?
>
> I did this exam 2 years ago.

One pack is about the life of Grace Darling (saved some people from a boat wreck)

One is about Ibiza and its wildlife etc

The cowboy one was the best practise exam
Wed 22/06/05 at 11:10
"period drama"
You got cowboys? You bast.
We had ... spelling.
Wed 22/06/05 at 11:14
Regular
"SOUP!"
We got a few practises- The cowboys one was good and actually pretty interesting.

Also did one on spiders and one on a national park.

You going to make one of those tables for the inside cover?
Wed 22/06/05 at 11:27
"period drama"
We did the spiders one as well - would have liked something like that again here.

Tables suck - they don't help me at all.

The best thing I've found to do is get a load of different coloured highlighters and give each colour a topic - like in the Ibiza one, have one for the wildlife, one for the clubbing bit, problems with clubbing, history etc. Then just go through the whole book highlighting all the interesting bits on whichever topic.
Wed 22/06/05 at 11:35
Regular
"SOUP!"
Bit of advice - make an index for like key topics:

So like:

Clubbing - Text 1,7,8,9,15

Wildlife - text 2,3,4,10

Traditions - Text 5,6,11,12

(theyre made up by the way)

So if you get a question on wildlife you know where to turn to instead of flicking through looking for a colour.

I'm highlighting facts first (solid facts) then going to go through and find different audiences within each text and highlight them diff colours. So like Yellow for a mature/educated audience, blue for children, another for subject specific/jargon - seems more practical thay way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.